• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to start

laszlo_m

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to osCommerce as well. I've got the product installed and it is working but I'm just not sure how to customize the store front such as company logo/name, first page, shipping info etc. These are the things I'm running into. I don't know how setup the welcome page either.

Is there any documentation on this? The only thing I can find is how to setup catalog, admin tasks.

Thanks,

Laszlo

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to osCommerce as well. I've got the product installed and it is working but I'm just not sure how to customize the store front such as company logo/name, first page, shipping info etc. These are the things I'm running into. I don't know how setup the welcome page either.

Is there any documentation on this? The only thing I can find is how to setup catalog, admin tasks.

Thanks,

Laszlo

There is the knowledge base, there is a link in my sig. Pick something you want to change ( one thing at a time) do a search then if you cannot find the answer go ahead and ask. Once you get that one thing done move on to the next change.

Your logo can be changed in your includes/header.php file look for the following line

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?> </td>

Change the oscommerce.gif to the name of your logo file and osCommerce to whatever alt text you want to use.

Most of the colors are set in the stylesheet and you can find a list of all the classes and what they control in the knowledge base.

Good luck

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hi,

Thanks,

Laszlo

This link will take you to various tutorial for the oscommerce system. I found these great when I first started my store.

This link will take you to various tutorial for the oscommerce system. I found these great when I first started my store.

Thank you guys for the quick response. This is amazing how fast you replied to my post. This is a great forum!

Laszlo

Archived