• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 Problems

Tegwin

Hello,

I am having 2 problems since setting up oscommerce

I am running on an IIS server with PHP etc.

When I first load up the shop I get the following message.

Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpshop\catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I have changed the permissions for the IUSR_MACHINENAME as full control to the entire catalog directory. (And all subfolders). Any ideas why I still get the warning.. Its not stopping me from doing anything though.

The second Problem I have is sending email. When I place an order and get the email send out I get the following error.

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for root@localhost in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpshop\catalog\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected] in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpshop\catalog\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpshop\catalog\admin\includes\classes\email.php:520) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpshop\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 22

I have set the configuration to use SMTP (But cant see where to enter the settings for SMTP).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

I am having 2 problems since setting up oscommerce

I am running on an IIS server with PHP etc.

When I first load up the shop I get the following message.

Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpshop\catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I have changed the permissions for the IUSR_MACHINENAME as full control to the entire catalog directory. (And all subfolders). Any ideas why I still get the warning.. Its not stopping me from doing anything though.

The second Problem I have is sending email. When I place an order and get the email send out I get the following error.

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for root@localhost in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpshop\catalog\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected] in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpshop\catalog\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpshop\catalog\admin\includes\classes\email.php:520) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpshop\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 22

I have set the configuration to use SMTP (But cant see where to enter the settings for SMTP).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Why do I have lots of people read this post and no one answers

the configuration.php files both on admin and catalog should have read-only access. No write or exec.

for the email issue try setting the transport method to smtp (default is sendmail) Its in the osc admin panel->configuration->email options

Archived