• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Order Status Change Emails

jorgemirat

Jorge,

after updating according to your instructions, I receive this error message in admin>orders

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /www/l/mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/orders.php on line 111

these are lines 109 - 112 of orders.php

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));
	break;
  case 'deleteconfirm':
	$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);

No idea what could be wrong, let me know if you do need more testing to make it available for PWA users as well. Pity I can't make it work, looks great.

Alex

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jorge,

after updating according to your instructions, I receive this error message in admin>orders

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /www/l/mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/orders.php on line 111

these are lines 109 - 112 of orders.php

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));
	break;
  case 'deleteconfirm':

No idea what could be wrong, let me know if you do need more testing to make it available for PWA users as well. Pity I can't make it work, looks great.

Alex

This error typically appears when there is a syntax error in a preceeding line. So the error could be either in your format mail file, or in the modifications that have been introduced... or on both.

Try first to use a very simple format mail file, like:

$email="hello world";

If you still get the error then it should be in the modifications. Please review trying to find any syntax error. If you don't find it send me the file and when (and if) I have time I'll have a look to it, but please first try to solve it yourself, I don't have much spare time.

Good luck

Jorge

errr... yes, you are right, when I have time I'll get to improve it. It is a bit annoying for me also.

In the mean time, try in your editor to replace the <br> character with an "empty" character to remove the additional br's.

hi

have you come up with something on this problem?

tjanx

hi

have you come up with something on this problem?

tjanx

Not yet sorry, I have not had time to address it.

As I said, a turn around is to do "replace all" the "<br>" in your html editor, replacing it wiht "nothing" (i.e. remove). It's quick and easy although a bit annoying.

Jorge

Hi,

This is the post I posted last night about a prob. I am/was having with this script -

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=189790

The post is about the prob. in the admin/costumers.php file.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/********/public_html/admin/customers.php on line 192

Thank you,

Michael

Edited by mrgtec

Michael

Nice contrib, works fine on my MS1 teststore - thanks!

When I alter the status to Sent I usually post a tracking-number for the shipment, so I need to merge some info from the standard comment-field with the predefined text.

Anyone got a suggestion for this? :-"

Petter - Arktisk Pudder

Nice contrib, works fine on my MS1 teststore - thanks!

When I alter the status to Sent I usually post a tracking-number for the shipment, so I need to merge some info from the standard comment-field with the predefined text.

Anyone got a suggestion for this? :-"

I'm not sure if I understand well your answer, but from what I understand, the comment field can be used in the mail format file (actually is used in the sample file included in the contri) and you can add any predefined text to that file also. Is this what you need?

Jorge

Well, Jorge,

No. Well, Its been 2 days since I post now. I would of liked your help right when I had this prob.

Michael

I was too bussy with my own business so I couldn't help you earlier. You will understand that my contribution here is totally altruist and that I'm giving away here some of my precious spare time...

Jorge

Not exactly, but I found another solution that does the job for me.

I'm not sure if I understand well your answer, but from what I understand, the comment field can be used in the mail format file (actually is used in the sample file included in the contri) and you can add any predefined text to that file also. Is this what you need?

Petter - Arktisk Pudder

Hi!

I have done some customuation .. ok .. all tags for data are not working for now .. but what bothers me is design .. can you mnake inprocess.php file to read pure HTML .. i don't understand what makes so many blank lines

please . when you have time .. insert this code into any your file .. don't mind the data .. only design

<html><head><title>Vstopnice.com - Naročilo ?t. {$oID} </title></head><body bgcolor=#C0C0C0><table border=1 width=100% bgcolor=#FFFFFF><tr><td><table border=0 width=100%><tr><td bgcolor=#C0C0C0><font face=Verdana size=2><b>Spo?tovani {$check_status['customers_name']}</b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0><font face=Verdana size=2>Obve?čamo Vas, da je Va?e naročilo ?t. {#oID}, ki ste ga opravili dne {$check_status['date_purchased']}, uspe?no obdelano, ter je v dostavi!<i> {$orders_status_array[$status]}</i></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0><font face=verdana size=2>Podatki o Va?em naročilu:</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0>slikica in opis<font face=Verdana size=2><i> {$notify_comments}</i>

</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0><font face=verdana size=2>Va?e naročilo je obdelal-a {$merchant}... podroben račun pa si lahko ogledate <a href={$str_order_view_url}>TUKAJ</a>.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0>Obenem Vas vabimo, da sodelujete tudi v na?em SMS kvizu in si priborite vstopnico</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0>
<font face=Verdana size=2><b>Uredni?tvo {$str_shop}</b>
</font></td>
</tr>
</table>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

i receive so many blank rows .. but in frontpage design is OK .. there is no br tags .. pure table ..

thanx a lot in advance

Hi!

I have done some customuation .. ok .. all tags for data are not working for now .. but what bothers me is design .. can you mnake inprocess.php file to read pure HTML .. i don't understand what makes so many blank lines

please . when you have time .. insert this code into any your file .. don't mind the data .. only design

<html><head><title>Vstopnice.com - Naročilo ?t. {$oID} </title></head><body
...(removed)
</html>

i receive so many blank rows .. but in frontpage design is OK .. there is no br tags .. pure table ..

thanx a lot in advance

Yes, the blanks is an issue in my contry. I have to get to solve it... my problem is time, as always.

In the mean time, may be a temporal solution for you is to edit the html so that the whole html code is in a single line (no line feeds, which I think is the culprit the problem). Actually, for your convenience, I have done it for the sample code.

<html><head><title>Vstopnice.com - Naroc(ilo ?t. {$oID} </title></head><body bgcolor=#C0C0C0><table border=1 width=100% bgcolor=#FFFFFF><tr><td><table border=0 width=100%><tr><td bgcolor=#C0C0C0><font face=Verdana size=2><b>Spo?tovani {$check_status['customers_name']}</b></font></td>	</tr>	<tr>		<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0><font face=Verdana size=2>Obve?c(amo Vas, da je Va?e naroc(ilo ?t. {#oID}, ki ste ga opravili dne {$check_status['date_purchased']}, uspe?no obdelano, ter je v dostavi!<i> {$orders_status_array[$status]}</i></font></td>	</tr>	<tr>		<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0><font face=verdana size=2>Podatki o Va?em naroc(ilu:</font></td>	</tr>	<tr>		<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0>slikica in opis<font face=Verdana size=2><i> {$notify_comments}</i></font></td>	</tr>	<tr>		<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0><font face=verdana size=2>Va?e naroc(ilo je obdelal-a {$merchant}... podroben rac(un pa si lahko ogledate <a href={$str_order_view_url}>TUKAJ</a>.</td>	</tr>	<tr>		<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0>Obenem Vas vabimo, da sodelujete tudi v na?em SMS kvizu in si priborite vstopnico</td>	</tr>	<tr>		<td bgcolor=#C0C0C0><font face=Verdana size=2><b>Uredni?tvo {$str_shop}</b></font></td>	</tr></table>		</td>	</tr></table></body></html>

If you copy paste I think it will work (no time to test it).

Jorge

one more question if you don't mind

if there is a line in checkout_process.php which formats email

$products_ordered .

how would i call it in inprocess.php?

thanx

If what you ask is how to use the variable $products_ordered in inprocess.php so its content is displayed on the email, then the only thing that you have to do is to add wherever you want the content of the variable to appear the following code within inprocess.php :

<?php echo $products_ordered ?>

That's all (if that was your question).

Jorge

in checkout_process.php there are lines that format how mail to customer should look like

// lets start with the email confirmation
//fast easy checkout start
// Add test for no account : no display of invoice URL if no account customer
if (!tep_session_is_registered('createaccount'))
{
$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" .
EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $insert_id . "\n" .
EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .
EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";
if ($order->info['comments'])
{
$email_order .= tep_db_output($order->info['comments']) . "\n\n";
}
$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS . "\n" .
EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
[b]$products_ordered .[/b]
EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
} else {
$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" .
EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $insert_id . "\n" .
EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";
$check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_password, customers_id ,confirmation_key from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . $order->customer['email_address'] . "' AND createaccount='N'");

$check_customer = tep_db_fetch_array($check_customer_query);

$new_password = $check_customer['confirmation_key'];

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_PASSWORD . ' ' . tep_href_link('account_password_new.php', 'confirmation_password=' . $new_password.'&customers_id='.$check_customer['customers_id'], 'SSL', true) . "\n";
$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_PASSWORD_NOLINK. "\n";

if ($order->info['comments']) {
$email_order .= [color=#FF0000][b]tep_db_output($order->info['comments'])[/color][/b] . "\n\n";
}
$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS . "\n" .
EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
[b][color=#FF0000]$products_ordered .[[/color]/b]
EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
}
//fast easy checkout end

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
$email_order .= strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['title']) . ' ' . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['text']) . "\n";
 }

if ($order->content_type != 'virtual') {
$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . "\n" .
			   tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n";
 }

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS . "\n" .
			   tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n\n";
 if (is_object($$payment)) {
$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD . "\n";
				   [b][color=#FF0000]$payment_class = $$payment;[/color][/b]
$email_order .= $payment_class->title . "\n\n";
if ($payment_class->email_footer) {
  $email_order .= $payment_class->email_footer . "\n\n";	}
 }
 $email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_ZAKLJUCEK . "\n";

}

these lines in red i wouldlike to include into inprocess.php, but my knowledge for coding is to small :(

i would be glad if you find some time to write down these lines how to insert them ..

thanx a lot in advance

p.s. why can't i make bold parts of code? it is in <b> brackets :(

hello,

i installed as you said and when i try to edit an order status in Admin>Localization>Orders Status i got this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_orders_status_email() in /home/www/..../orders_status.php on line 215

But in general.php i've made like you said

"

SEARCH FOR:

function tep_get_orders_status() {

AND ADD JUST ***ABOVE***:

//JORGE 20050819 (ORDERSTATUSMAIL) Get the filename from the database for the status email (new function)

function tep_get_orders_status_email($orders_status_id, $language_id = '') {

global $languages_id;

if (!$language_id) $language_id = $languages_id;

$orders_status_query = tep_db_query("select notification_email from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " where orders_status_id = '" . (int)$orders_status_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

$orders_status = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_query);

return $orders_status['notification_email'];

}"

So where the problem is? Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Greetings - thanks for this great contrib - it's just what I need!

Ran into a bit of difficulty when installing it in my live shop though - worked fab when put into the test store. I'll put in my error and [admin]orders.php and hopefully I can get some help with this - would really appreciate it.

error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/admin/orders.php on line 175

line 175 = case 'deleteconfirm':

orders.php - relevant part anyway as didn't want to post 900 lines:

<?php

/*

$Id: orders.php,v 1.112 2003/06/29 22:50:52 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');

$currencies = new currencies();

$orders_statuses = array();

$orders_status_array = array();

//JORGE 20050819 (ORDERSTATUSMAIL) Add the new field notification_email

//$orders_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, orders_status_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$orders_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, orders_status_name, notification_email from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

while ($orders_status = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_query)) {

$orders_statuses[] = array('id' => $orders_status['orders_status_id'],

'text' => $orders_status['orders_status_name']);

$orders_status_array[$orders_status['orders_status_id']] = $orders_status['orders_status_name'];

//JORGE 20050819 (ORDERSTATUSMAIL) Keep also the name of the notification mail

$orders_notification_email_array[$orders_status['orders_status_id']] = $orders_status['notification_email'];

}

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'update_order':

$status = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['status']);

$comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);

$order_updated = false;

$check_status_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, date_purchased from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

$check_status = tep_db_fetch_array($check_status_query);

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

// always update date and time on order_status

// original if ( ($check_status['orders_status'] != $status) || tep_not_null($comments)) {

if ( ($check_status['orders_status'] != $status) || $comments != '' || ($status ==DOWNLOADS_ORDERS_STATUS_UPDATED_VALUE) ) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set orders_status = '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', last_modified = now() where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

$check_status_query2 = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, date_purchased from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

$check_status2 = tep_db_fetch_array($check_status_query2);

if ( $check_status2['orders_status']==DOWNLOADS_ORDERS_STATUS_UPDATED_VALUE ) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " set download_maxdays = '" . tep_get_configuration_key_value('DOWNLOAD_MAX_DAYS') . "', download_count = '" . tep_get_configuration_key_value('DOWNLOAD_MAX_COUNT') . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

$customer_notified = '0';

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on')) {

$notify_comments = '';

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on')) {

$notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n\n";

}

$pwa_check_query= tep_db_query("select purchased_without_account from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");$pwa_check= tep_db_fetch_array($pwa_check_query); if ($pwa_check['purchased_without_account'] != '1'){ //JORGE 20050819 (ORDERSTATUSMAIL) If we have a notification mail file use it, otherwise send standard mail

if ( tep_not_null($orders_notification_email_array[$status]) ) {

$languages = tep_get_languages();

$language_directory = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

if ((int)$languages[$i]['id']==(int)$languages_id){

$language_directory = $languages[$i]['directory'];

}

}

$filename = DIR_FS_ADMIN .'/'.DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language_directory .'/'. $orders_notification_email_array[$status];

//JORGE 20050819 Prepare this 'complex' info into a single variable so it is easier to use in the email formating

$str_order_view_url = tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, "order_id=" . $oID, "SSL");

//JORGE 20050819 Apparently constants need to be stored first into a variable so it can be used in the email formatting

$str_shop = STORE_NAME;

//JORGE 20050819 If you need more information in the email just use available variables on current scope

// or prepare here new ones from function calls, db queries, etc...

$payment = MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_PAYTO;

include ($filename);

} else {

//$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER .'/'. FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO.'?order_id=' . $oID. "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]); } //JORGE 20050819 (ORDERSTATUSMAIL) And we add a bit more of flexibility to the mail subject

$email_subject = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT,$oID,$orders_status_array[$status]);

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], $email_subject, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

$customer_notified = '1'; }

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments) . "')");

$order_updated = true;

}

if ($order_updated == true) {

$messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_UPDATED, 'success');

} else {

$messageStack->add_session(WARNING_ORDER_NOT_UPDATED, 'warning');

}

break;

case 'deleteconfirm':

tep_remove_order($oID, $HTTP_POST_VARS['restock']);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action'))));

break;

}

}

if (($action == 'edit') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'])) {

$orders_query = tep_db_query("select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

$order_exists = true;

if (!tep_db_num_rows($orders_query)) {

$order_exists = false;

$messageStack->add(sprintf(ERROR_ORDER_DOES_NOT_EXIST, $oID), 'error');

}

}

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

Thanks for any assistance or pointers

Ron

• 10 months later...

Is this forum still active? I have some questions re debugging a few lines of code from errors I am receiving from installing this contrib