• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I use catalog/index.php for my home page?

Ferris

Hi everyone im wondering if anyone can tell me how to use catalog/index.php as my home page? Ive got an HTML home page at the moment but im not happy with it as it logs me out of the shop when ever I leave the oscommerce section... Can someone help, or if you have got any better suggestions I can think about

Cheers :rolleyes:

A nerd is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology. A geek is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology, and likes it!!

Hi everyone im wondering if anyone can tell me how to use catalog/index.php as my home page? Ive got an HTML home page at the moment but im not happy with it as it logs me out of the shop when ever I leave the oscommerce section... Can someone help, or if you have got any better suggestions I can think about

Cheers :rolleyes:

Site: www.upgradecentral.co.nz

Hi Ferris !

Nice job with CSS in your site !

Without any index.html/htm file do not resolve this ? (direct to index.php)

Duda

Did You Saw The Birds Today ?

Hi Ferris !

Nice job with CSS in your site !

Without any index.html/htm file do not resolve this ? (direct to index.php)

Duda

Thanks mate.

Can I insert code into the hompage so that is dosn't forget customer when they leave the oscommerce section?

A nerd is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology. A geek is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology, and likes it!!

You can move your shop to the root. It isn't hard. Back up your files onto your computer with your favorite ftp program. Then, open the catalog directory and upload those files right to the root instead of into the catalog directory at your host. Then, change the two configure.php files as needed (take out the "catalog" references) and you're all set. If you have any Contribs like SEO enhancements, you may need to adjust them, too.

You can move your shop to the root. It isn't hard. Back up your files onto your computer with your favorite ftp program. Then, open the catalog directory and upload those files right to the root instead of into the catalog directory at your host. Then, change the two configure.php files as needed (take out the "catalog" references) and you're all set. If you have any Contribs like SEO enhancements, you may need to adjust them, too.

Ok Thanks, so pretty much take everything out of the catalog folder and paste it into the root? Or just the Index

Everything. You're bumping your entire site up because all of the pages interact and need to work together that way. You could do it with just a page or two, but it would require a huge amount of coding compared to this.

Then change those two files or nothing will work. Hey, save your backups someplace safe, too.

Everything. You're bumping your entire site up because all of the pages interact and need to work together that way. You could do it with just a page or two, but it would require a huge amount of coding compared to this.

Then change those two files or nothing will work. Hey, save your backups someplace safe, too.

Cheers Dan

This forum is a great resource. Using the search engine I've found dozens of answers without posing a single question. But now I am stuck with this one ...

I have installed my shop in /catalog/, then moved all files to a root directory and updated two configure files. Now, www.mystore.com url returns "The page cannot be found". When I explicitly input www.mystore.com/index.php everything works good. I know that I can redirect www.mystore.com to www.mystore.com/index.php, but is there any other simple way to fix this? Thank you.

This forum is a great resource. Using the search engine I've found dozens of answers without posing a single question. But now I am stuck with this one ...

I have installed my shop in /catalog/, then moved all files to a root directory and updated two configure files. Now, www.mystore.com url returns "The page cannot be found". When I explicitly input www.mystore.com/index.php everything works good. I know that I can redirect www.mystore.com to www.mystore.com/index.php, but is there any other simple way to fix this? Thank you.

Me again :-)

Could you use a index.html page redirecting (with time zero) to index.php ?

Duda

Did You Saw The Birds Today ?

Archived