• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

defaulting to secure site

namradi

HI All,

I have looked all over the forum for my answer but coudlnt find so i am posting it here. I apalogize if this is post elsewhere.

Recently i have my webhosting company to install ssl certifacte. And they did and everything is working fine.

If some goes to my catalog with https then it will go to the secure site. But they can also go to the non secure site.

I was wondering if there is an option to default it to secure site. Or soemother way to divert it to the secure site for checkout or soemthing like that.

I did change the configure.php and enabled ssl and also gave the path for HTTPS_SERVER variable.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks a million,

Naveen

HI All,

I have looked all over the forum for my answer but coudlnt find so i am posting it here. I apalogize if this is post elsewhere.

Recently i have my webhosting company to install ssl certifacte. And they did and everything is working fine.

If some goes to my catalog with https then it will go to the secure site. But they can also go to the non secure site.

I was wondering if there is an option to default it to secure site. Or soemother way to divert it to the secure site for checkout or soemthing like that.

I did change the configure.php and enabled ssl and also gave the path for HTTPS_SERVER variable.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks a million,

Naveen

If someone purchases something from your site, osC should automatically direct your customer to the pages with the HTTPS protocol when necessary. Have you tried a test purchase yourself?

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

If someone purchases something from your site, osC should automatically direct your customer to the pages with the HTTPS protocol when necessary. Have you tried a test purchase yourself?

Be well,

Tina

I didnt complete the purchase but i went till the confirmation page.

I appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Naveen

I didnt complete the purchase but i went till the confirmation page.

I appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Naveen

If your configure.php file is setup properly osC should go from secure to non secure as needed. This is the defualt action and other than setting ssl to true and having the correct ssl path you should not need to do anything.

Now some hosts require a seperate set of files in a secure folder so if you are sure your configure.php file is setup properly I would check with your hosting company.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived