• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Anyone integrated osCommerce with a message board?

Hi,

I'm interested in finding out if anyone has integrated their osCommerce web site with an open source message board, especially in the area of single sign on for the two. I'd like to have my site set up so your message board account is the same as your osCommerce account.

Thanks,

gameBuddah

Hi,

I'm interested in finding out if anyone has integrated their osCommerce web site with an open source message board, especially in the area of single sign on for the two. I'd like to have my site set up so your message board account is the same as your osCommerce account.

Thanks,

gameBuddah

Look in the contributions I believe there are a couple of them.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

There are a few in the contribs area - - before you integrate them, though, ask yourself 2 questions:

1) will you be wanting to integrate anything *else* with the message board? If so, it will probably be a real pain doing that while the board is integrated with osC.

2) Do you want your board members to have to enter in fname, lname, DOB, phone number, etc to sign up for the forums? Perhaps not.

You may be better off integrating them visually, and not on the back-end.

-jared

Archived