• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add additional fields to product page

Steven Barkess

Hi

I am trying to add additional fields (columns) to my product page.

I have used the 'Product Extra Fields Contibution' and can now add new fields. If I click on a product on the product page then the additional details are displayed there. But, I want to show these on the main product page too ie

Product Name : Model : Manufacturer : Format : Release : Price : Buy Now

where those in bold are my new fields.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Steven

Ok, more progress...

Using Contributions 'Add New Product Fields' I am heading in the right direction.

However, within the set up is the following, and I just cannot get my head around what it means.

(1 march 2005)

what this does is add a new column to the product listing, so it appears it the header row and can be sorted on.

The page will only display columns that you have configured to be visible in the Products Listing part of the configuration section of the admin suite, and the columns will not be available in the Products Listing part of the configuration section of the admin suite unless they have been added to the configuration table of the data base.

Using PhpMyAdmin there are 2 tables we need to play with: ?configuration_group?; and configuration.

These columns are in Configuration_group table:

configuration_group_id

configuration_group_title

configuration_group_description

sort_order

These columns are in the configuration table:

configuration_key = PRODUCT_LIST_ARTIST

configuration_title = Display Artist

sort_order = max + 1 (this is the order it displays in the admin suite)

configuration_group_id = 8

configuration_value = 2 (this is the order it displays in the product_listing.php file.. setting it to zero means it will not be displayed)

Look in the configuration_group table to find the configuration_group_id for Product Listing,

Then insert new rows to the configuration table, using the configuration_group_id you found in the configuration_group table.

I have found it difficult to use the admin suite to configure new columns, so if you wish to hide a column or make a hidden column visible it is advisable to just alter the configuration_value in the database.

Any advice welcome

Steven

Archived