• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Integration with Torex Retail system

stevenjohn

Hi there,

We are putting together one of our first full scale ecom sites with osc, and we have the task of integrating it with the clients main stock system from http://www.torexretail.com/.

I was hoping someone could give some advice on this sort of integration. Some of the issues we are facing are:

- importing stock - the easiest to deal with as a we can use CSV import, but i don't know if there are any SOAP apps out there? Are there any funky ways to deal with images?

- updating the clients main stock system - Torex Retail require 2 files (records) to be exported from OSC:

1) Record 1 - Sale - this is a file placed in a directory somewhere so that their system periodically uses these records to update stock and orders

2) Record 2 - Payment - as above but gives payment details

I can't see a contribution that does this, but I'd have thought marrying OSC database with inhouse databases is a pretty common problem?

- which system keeps order info - there's been a suggestion that the client system should deal with all order fulfillment, but if this is so OSC users will lose the ability to login to see state of play with their order etc?

I think here I need to say to the client 'we can sync your two stock databases, but keep order filfilment of online goods running off OSC' but I'm not sure about this.

I know there are a lot of complex questions here, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice or point me to info that could help me out.

Many thanks, Steve.

Steve,

What is the database on Torex Retail?

if its sql the best way would be to sync on a reqular interval. This would involve alot of coding, and procedures.

Steve,

What is the database on Torex Retail?

if its sql the best way would be to sync on a reqular interval. This would involve alot of coding, and procedures.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply - it seems they are quite specific in that you have to use these records (which are really just csv files) to update their system.

Regards, Steve.

Archived