Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error accessing admin - can't connect to database


nat8100

Recommended Posts

I get this error when trying to access /admin. It's not all the time though

 

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/products/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

 

Any suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this is only an occasional problem then there could be a variety of causes:

 

1. If your server uses the Red Hat Enterprise Linux system then the db_server name is not 'localhost' but is '127.0.0.1'. For 90% of the time 'localhost' will work, but for the other 10% of the time it will fail.

2. The server could be overloaded.

3. The server may not be set up correctly.

4. You may have set use_pconnect to true in your configure.php files and this can cause problems.

 

Vger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...