• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

URGENT HELP NEEDED

nat8100

I've been working on my site in the subdirectories www.mydomain.com/products/catalog. I've now edited the destination of domain so that it goes directly to /products/catalog but now all the images are borken and all the links produce a 404 error. I've been told by my webspace company and checked this, that I now have to go in and update every link destination omitting the /products/catalog - but this will take forever. Is there another easier way of doing this?

Please please reply!

I've been working on my site in the subdirectories www.mydomain.com/products/catalog. I've now edited the destination of domain so that it goes directly to /products/catalog but now all the images are borken and all the links produce a 404 error. I've been told by my webspace company and checked this, that I now have to go in and update every link destination omitting the /products/catalog - but this will take forever. Is there another easier way of doing this?

Please please reply!

Hi Natalie,

Did you update your catalog/admin/configure.php and your catalog/configure.php files to show the path address changes.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Hi Natalie,

Did you update your catalog/admin/configure.php and your catalog/cofigure.php to show the path changes.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

I have updated the catalog/configure.php file, not sure if I've done it right -

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.pcquick-fix.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.pcquick-fix.com/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/kunden/homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

I haven't updated the admin file - don't know how.

Thanks so much for replying!

Rename it to anything you like - I suggested configure.php.bak

Your server won't allow you to overwrite the file due to its permissions - it may appear that you uploaded your changed file..... but :-"

Matti

Rename it to anything you like - I suggested configure.php.bak

Your server won't allow you to overwrite the file due to its permissions - it may appear that you uploaded your changed file..... but :-"

Matti

Well I've tried changing the file name - to configurenew.php and also tried configure.php.bak

just get the errors when I go to the domain-

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/products/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/products/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Well I've tried changing the file name - to configurenew.php and also tried configure.php.bak

just get the errors when I go to the domain-

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/products/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/products/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Hi again Natalie,

Sorry I was in the middle of replying to you when my PC crashed.

Ok make sure the file you deleted was not from catalog/includes/ if it was put it back then go to includes/admin/configure.php and edit the top ie. take out all referances of /catalog save and uload via ftp to your server.

Kind Regards,

Michelle.

The bit in german is just saying that it can't find any of the files.

Ok, thanks for everyone's help - I am just going to put a splash page in the root for now that links to the sub directory. Any further comments and advise on how to move/redirect site would be much appreciated though as I will need to move it at another time.

Thanks again. Natalie

Ok, thanks for everyone's help - I am just going to put a splash page in the root for now that links to the sub directory. Any further comments and advise on how to move/redirect site would be much appreciated though as I will need to move it at another time.

Thanks again. Natalie

What bit in german? looked at your site and you've changed it to a grahic with a mobile phone which means you have pointed your site to your image folder

I found this http://www.pcquick-fix.com/index.html which in turn took me to this http://www.pcquick-fix.com/products/catalog/ So it looks like you haven't got rid of the two folders products/catalog you'll need to move all the files & folders in the catalog to the root (The root is the one where you have the folder named /products) and delete the products folder then remove the words /products/catalog in both your configure.php files

(or copy the contents of the catalog file and paste them in your Root with your ftp program leaving the products/catalog there in case of an error or something missing from the files in their new position)

Remember to allway's keep a backup of all your files on your PC harddrive and/or a removable CD before you change anything because if for some reason you loose your site you allway's have a copy to upload easier than starting fresh.

Kind Regards,

Michelle.

Archived