• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Switch Card Contribution

Kerstin

Hi there,

i just installed the Switch 1.6 Contribution

with the aim to accept UK Switch (now Maestro) Cards as well as various CC.

The fields for entering the start date, CCV etc. are there but I receive a payment error for EVERY type of card - non is accepted.

In the readme it says:

Clicking the GREEN light for std oSC credit card payment facility in

admin->modules->payment will now create all the required ACCEPTABLE credit cards.

But there is no green light.... and I cant find where to create/define the accepted cc.

Can somebody help ?

Many thanks, Kerstin :thumbsup:

Hi there,

The fields for entering the start date, CCV etc. are there but I receive a payment error for EVERY type of card - non is accepted.

In the readme it says:

admin->modules->payment will now create all the required ACCEPTABLE credit cards.

But there is no green light.... and I cant find where to create/define the accepted cc.

Can somebody help ?

Hi Kerstin,

I've been having exactly the same problems - went through the install instructions, used the new validation file, but when I tried to install, it wouldn't give this green light thing.

I've been trying a different module as well - "cvv_issue", but this isn't working either, as I get "Credit Card Error" every time. Also, with cvv_issue it doesn't ask for "Start Date", which I think the other one does.

Ideally, for the setup I need, all it would do is ask for the cardholder's name, card number, start date, expiry date, cvv number and issue number - without validating the card number as this could be done at the time of swiping. If there's a problem with the number the customer could be contacted and the problem rectified that way.

With the card number being validated by osC you also have to keep the validation file up to date with the latest numbers being issued.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not griping, by any means. I just think that a very simple mod to do the above would be ideal. I'm still finding my way around PHP and MySQL, and if I could do it myself I would.

Does anyone know how to turn off the card number validation in either Switch 1.6 or cvv_issue so that they'll just return that the card is valid??

Thanks muchos, :)

Drew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kerstin,

I have been through the same process and think I have now fixed it.

Using admin tool, go and uninstall credit card payments. Then re-install it. I found that a whole list of cards to access then came up and I could select them.

I then had problems accepting cards. It reported Visa cards as JCB and wouldn't accept Mastercards.

Finally I had to download an updated verifications file from the Contribution Section for UK Debit Card (Switch) payment facility. This was posted on 22 Aug 2005 and contained a single file cc_validation.php

I copied this to catalog/includes/classes/cc_validation.php and it now seems to be working OK.

Cheers

Pete Heywood

Hi there,

In the readme it says:

Can somebody help ?

Edited by livingtradition