• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help help help..contact link stopped working

cinnintx

I have looked and looked and can't find the problem. The contact link suddenly stopped working... acts like the contact_me.php page is not even in the directory but it is.

I hard coded a "contact us" link in the top nav bar and it was exactly the same as the "contact us" link in the information box (that was never touched)... worked fine ...then.... now it's showing "resource cannot be displayed"...

Even trying to remove the link does not work...it still shows up! What's the problem??????

Please help...owners of the site are getting anxious!

I have looked and looked and can't find the problem. The contact link suddenly stopped working... acts like the contact_me.php page is not even in the directory but it is.

I hard coded a "contact us" link in the top nav bar and it was exactly the same as the "contact us" link in the information box (that was never touched)... worked fine ...then.... now it's showing "resource cannot be displayed"...

Even trying to remove the link does not work...it still shows up! What's the problem??????

you got a link to site?

well, if you do not want us to get anxious too, better show a link

Treasurer MFC

sorry... the link is http://www.theadmiralty.net/catalog

why wouldn't the original contact us link in the info box keep working..that box is part of the original files..

restore your old contact_us.php file, your response headers have a problem:

HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable

normal :

Response Headers - http://www.theadmiralty.net/catalog/

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:36:10 GMT

Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.10 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.10

Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma: no-cache

Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=98

Connection: Keep-Alive

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: text/html

200 OK

not so normal:

Response Headers - http://theadmiralty.net/catalog/contact_us.php

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:34:04 GMT

Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.10 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=97

Connection: Keep-Alive

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

406 Not Acceptable

Treasurer MFC

well, it is an apache server issue so you can only ask your host what the H** is going on.

I will do that..and meanwhile, I finally succeeded in taking the top nav link and making it a regular mailto link..and took out the contact us link in the info box altogether..

That contact page was a form to email anyway..

Right now the owners are happy... This will give me something to work on later without them stressing on me at the same time

Thanks for your assistance.

Archived