• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping and Tax not working

lowendfrequency

Hello.

I'm almost finished with a store and was hoping to go public with it soon, but during my last round of test orders I noticed a few things missing. My shipping charges are no longer being added. This was working at one point, but the last time I updated the shipping to $33 flat rate, it stopped functioning. Also, I only want to charge tax for NY residents, so I followed configuration instructions posted on these forums but OSC isn't adding tax for accounts created for NY residents.

What information do I need to post to assist in my situation. Any help is appreciated.

- Kyle

• 2 years later...
Did you ever fix your problem? I have the SAME problem and no one is responding.

I had a similar problem with no shipping choices at checkout and shipping charges not begin added.

I had set some of my shipping and payment methods to a specific Zone (Spain) which I had created but it contained 0 zones. This prevented the methods from being displayed and charges being calculated. Try setting "Shipping Zone" in Admin under Modules -> Shipping to "--none--" and see if your shipping methods come back on checkout.

I haven't figured out yet how countries and zones work, but I'll post more when I do :)

Archived