• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Delivery Address Diasppears

Hi,

I have no idea why all of a sudden I am having this problem as I did not make any changes to my store when this started happening.

Very simply put, when a customer is done placing an order in my store OSC seems to lose their delivery address. It happens no matter what payment option they use or even what shipping option they use.

When I get the order email it is completely missing the delivery address. The only thing you see is the comma that is used between the city and state. It's even missing within the admin area. So I have to always contact my buyer before I ship to ask them for their delivery address (just in case it was supposed to be different from the billing address - which is not disappearing).

So like I have said, I have not changed anything in my store recently so I have no clue why this started happening all of a sudden.

Any help would be much appreciated. It does not happen on all orders but about 80% or so. It's really annoying to have to contact the buyers all the time before I can ship. It is especially imperative that I contact them during the holidays since many customers have the order shipped to an address different from the billing address.

Please let me know if you need me to post any more info.

If you have download enabled and the weight of the product set to 0, the delivery address is not shown. Perhaps this is the reason.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am not selling downloadable products. Only tangible products that must be shipped.

Actually, I just went to check my download settings in my admin and I saw that download products was in fact enabled. So I disabled it and placed a test order and it is working now. Delivery address is shown.

This is silly because I personally never changed any download settings sine this problem started shoeing up. But the funny thing, I have had 6 admin area changes take effect in the past 6 months with my new host. I cannot explain it. It is almost as if someone that works for the host is somehow getting into my OSC admin area and making changes every so often. Strange indeed!!!

Well, all I have to say is that if you host with HostGator you might want to keep an eye on your admin settings. It is all very strange.

thank you for your help. the problem, seems to be resolved but I will post to the thread again if it still persists with non-test orders.

If someone is changing something in your shop, or even if you think they are, then you should change your login. Your host won't be able to get in unless you provide them access.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived