• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New to this, Can't get database to work

skinwehr

I have been successful at uploading the osCommerce software and applying security to it. Then I put that PHPmyadmin thing on there and edited the config.inc.php in the manner I keep seeing described in various google searches.

There ends my progress.

My attempt at installing osCommerce stalls at the database import with an error screen that reads:

"Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)"

Likewise, when I navigate to the phpmyadmin thing through my browser, I get:

"MySQL said:

#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)"

What solution do I seek?

Contact your web hosting company, as they are the only ones who can sort out phpMyAdmin access for you. If this is a brand new site on the server it may just be that you haven't allowed enough time for the site to fully propagate on the server - can take 2-3 days.

Vger

Contact your web hosting company, as they are the only ones who can sort out phpMyAdmin access for you. If this is a brand new site on the server it may just be that you haven't allowed enough time for the site to fully propagate on the server - can take 2-3 days.

Vger

Thank you very much. This is a very good forum. I went from totally lost to almost thinking I know what I am doing in only 2 days. I'll call them tomorrow.

Archived