• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Opening new store

kaiserca

Hi Everybody,

New to the software and the forum. I have it configured and working with my web site after a couple of weeks of hunting and pecking. I am not a coder and feel way over my head. This package came as an ecommerce solution with my new host.

When somebody visits the store from my website to hopefully purchase a product, the first thing they see is text about the osCommerce project and how the products are ficticious and won't go on their credit card. If you scroll down far enogh you do see my products, but I think most people will be confused and leave before even looking.

How do I get rid of all this stuff. all I want is a simple catalog page and shopping cart.

I have looked around the knowledge base and see info about changing the logo and different style templates. Since I don't know what I'm doing, I don't want to try something and screw it up worse.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

The Knowledge Base has been given over to MS3 - which hasn't been released yet. If you go to www.oscommerce.com you'll also find a downloadable pdf document of the complete Knowledge Base for MS2. First thing to do is to download this and start reading up on it.

Vger

The Knowledge Base has been given over to MS3 - which hasn't been released yet. If you go to www.oscommerce.com you'll also find a downloadable pdf document of the complete Knowledge Base for MS2. First thing to do is to download this and start reading up on it.

Vger

Thanks for the reply.

I found a osCommerce-2.2ms2-051112.pdf 114 page instruction guide and downloaded it. Is that what you mean? I did a search under documentation and in the knowledge base for ms2 knowledge base pdf and didn't get anything.

Thanks for your help

Bruce

Archived