• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing TITLE tags

I want to edit the TITLE in Dreamweaver - anyone ever done this...?

I have a templated site and I'm learning that implementing these upgrades AFTER the site has been designed etc causes unwatned changes in layouts etc. anyway...just need to change the TITLE tag.

TIA

Best,

Marc Trimble

www.west7th.net

I have a templated site and I'm learning that implementing these upgrades AFTER the site has been designed etc causes unwatned changes in layouts etc. anyway...just need to change the TITLE tag.

TIA

Best,

Marc Trimble

www.west7th.net

I'm not completely clear what you are asking because I'm not clear on which templating system you might be using and how that might effect things. But the default location for 'TITLE' is in english.php, as well as german.php, and espanol.php if you are using multiple languages.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

TIA

Best,

Marc Trimble

www.west7th.net

That worked perfectly. Changed the tag in english.php and it replaced it sitewide...thanks!

Curious if there is a simple way to add another meta tag. Descriptions etc? Not so much a newbie to html coding but with this php call, it appears you must be aware of what's being called from where and where to go to edit this..getting more familiar with file structure :-)

Is there a hands on way to add a descriptions meta? I'm not averse to copying and pasting into the catalog pages....there's only about 20...

Thanks for the help on TITLE tag...

Best,

Marc Trimble

www.west7th.net

Oscommerce doesn't come with meta tags (at least not description and keyword). You can add them as you did the title, for each page, but that is truly a waste of time. To do it properly you need to install one of the meta tags contributions.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That worked perfectly. Changed the tag in english.php and it replaced it sitewide...thanks!

Curious if there is a simple way to add another meta tag. Descriptions etc? Not so much a newbie to html coding but with this php call, it appears you must be aware of what's being called from where and where to go to edit this..getting more familiar with file structure :-)

Is there a hands on way to add a descriptions meta? I'm not averse to copying and pasting into the catalog pages....there's only about 20...

Thanks for the help on TITLE tag...

Best,

Marc Trimble

www.west7th.net

Unfortunately the HEAD section of the HTML code is included with each individual page. So you could create something similar to the way it works with the TITLE tag, however that would mean modifying each page anyway, so no effort to be saved. You might want to take a look at one of the meta tag contributions which normally allow for some form of dynamic generation of the meta tags. Hope that helps a little, let me know how it goes.

Be well,

Tina

Oscommerce doesn't come with meta tags (at least not description and keyword). You can add them as you did the title, for each page, but that is truly a waste of time. To do it properly you need to install one of the meta tags contributions.

Jack

Opps I guess i pays to scroll down when I follow the email link :) Sorry for the repeat of information.

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

THanks fo the response guys....truly truly helpful!

Best,

Marc Trimble

www.west7th.net

Jack,

"Truly a waste of time..." meaning there are simply more efficient ways of doing so - i.e. Contributions

OR

key words and descriptions losing weight in SE algorithms to other factors?

Just curious.

Off to install Contribution. :)

For titles and meta tags to be helpful, they have to be specific to the page they are for. If you place a meta tag in the product_info.php file, it will be the same information displayed for every product. That would defeat the purpose.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived