• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

restore backup

how can i restore from my back up directory if i have no access to the admin panel

your hosting company can do this for you, but you should have access to your admin? Good luck :thumbsup:

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

your hosting company can do this for you, but you should have access to your admin? Good luck :thumbsup:

i installed a contribution called actual price and seem to have access to my admin the error message i get on the admin side is

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_languages() in /hsphere/local/home2/filter/filtersforless.com/admin/index.php on line 58

any advise

The Restore function available from your osCommerce 'admin' panel only restores the database from a backup of the database which you have previously made via the 'admin' folder. It does not restore files which you have edited while trying to install this contribution.

You need to go through the contribution in reverse and restore those files to their original state.

Vger

The Restore function available from your osCommerce 'admin' panel only restores the database from a backup of the database which you have previously made via the 'admin' folder. It does not restore files which you have edited while trying to install this contribution.

You need to go through the contribution in reverse and restore those files to their original state.

Vger

Is there a way to restore from outside of the admin panel ( phpmyadmin?)

Also evrywhere i look in the contributiion sectio is stresses the importance of back up in case of problems where do i create back ups and how if using the restore feature in the os admin panel does not revert the db to a previous state

If you have access to phpMyAdmin then you can download any backups of the database that you made from the admin/backups folder via FTP to your computer and then use that to do the restore via phpMyAdmin.

But basically you need to find a decent hosting company that knows what it's doing.

I've only ever come across one 'company' that wouldn't allow people to use the Backup/Restore function in osC admin - and that turned out to be a "one geek and an unmanaged server" outfit that has since gone bankrupt.

Vger

If you have access to phpMyAdmin then you can download any backups of the database that you made from the admin/backups folder via FTP to your computer and then use that to do the restore via phpMyAdmin.

But basically you need to find a decent hosting company that knows what it's doing.

I've only ever come across one 'company' that wouldn't allow people to use the Backup/Restore function in osC admin - and that turned out to be a "one geek and an unmanaged server" outfit that has since gone bankrupt.

Vger

What happened is when i made the changes i got an error message on the admin side and so was looking for a way to do it outside of the oscommerce enviroment. I will ask my host for help and see what response i get thatnk you for your guidance

Archived