• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mail Factory and SMTP.....problems.

Hi!

I have OSC hosted on a linux server, and support told me that sendmail is disabled, so I have to use smtp.

I have tried mail factory, and put in my mail adress (which is on the same host), mailserver and login/pass, but no matter what I try, on checkout I get this error message:

Warning: send(Mail.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tommyl/public_html/shop/includes/classes/email.php on line 501

Warning: send(): Failed opening 'Mail.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tommyl/public_html/shop/includes/classes/email.php on line 501

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'mail' in /home/tommyl/public_html/shop/includes/classes/email.php on line 514

I'm a total noob with both OSC and php, anybody have any ideas of what might be wrong?

Does it have something to do with a file called mail.php?

I'm completely lost, any help would be appreciated.

Regards

TommyL

• 3 weeks later...
Hi!

I have OSC hosted on a linux server, and support told me that sendmail is disabled, so I have to use smtp.

I have tried mail factory, and put in my mail adress (which is on the same host), mailserver and login/pass, but no matter what I try, on checkout I get this error message:

I'm a total noob with both OSC and php, anybody have any ideas of what might be wrong?

Does it have something to do with a file called mail.php?

I'm completely lost, any help would be appreciated.

Regards

TommyL

As usual with anything open source related the documentation and the product integration sux.

You need to check your php.ini file - check that the includes folder exists.

Then in it you need to install 'PEAR' and the SMTP, Net Socket and Mail extensions. Oh and you probably need to edit the include locations in some of them too because they dont even integrate with each other

Took me hours to work out.

This is Why Microsoft rules the planet. Took me 30 minutes to install a working Exchange server and have email to my mobile phone...

Archived