• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Prepare document for Easy Populate

stevenrwoolley

I just received an access file from one of my suppliers and I have been trying to edit it so that I can use easy populate. I have moved all the columns into excel and I have several columns that I need to combine into one. It looks like the access files are for their electronic catalog and they have broken up the description across two columns. I have text in column W and X and would like to make it one without loosing any information. I have looked all over and can not find a solution that would work because I have text in both columns. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you,

Steve

I just received an access file from one of my suppliers and I have been trying to edit it so that I can use easy populate. I have moved all the columns into excel and I have several columns that I need to combine into one. It looks like the access files are for their electronic catalog and they have broken up the description across two columns. I have text in column W and X and would like to make it one without loosing any information. I have looked all over and can not find a solution that would work because I have text in both columns. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you,

Steve

Try this code here. It is my favorite.

Follow these steps

1. create another empty column

2. start from the cell you data is and type

3. =concatenate(" firstcell", " ", "the other cell");

4. Enter

drag all the way to populate the rest of the cells

copy and paste this new colum

**when you paste, select *value

This will make sure that when you delete your "firstcell and the other cell" that your pasted column doesn't lose its forumula

Use excel to do this.

Hope it helps

Archived