• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change Category Box

Hello, this is my first post to this forum, and I am in a bit of a time crunch, so I apologize if this is a common question that gets asked a lot. I have done some nominal forum and knowledge base searching, but nothing that would allow me to use words like "Extensive" or "Scouring" or other impressive words that I misspell frequently.

Anyway, my question is this:

I would like to remove the category box (which I know how to do) and replace it with a series of boxes that deal with the subcategories. The site I am working on is a small apparel store, so it doesn't have enough products to require the additional searching. So, for examples:

Instead of:

CATEGORY

blah

blah

blah

blah

I would like to do:

BLAH

sub-blah

sub-blah

sub-blah

blah2

sub-blah2

sub-blah2

sub-blah2

etc.

Let me know if this makes sense, but more importantly for my situation, if you know how to accomplish this. :) Thanks for any help you can offer!

I have been looking over more and more of the site and there doesn't seem to be any information on how to do this. I was wondering if maybe I could modify the category box, or create a new one with the category box as a template, that would show sub categories. Anyway, any help on this would be great. Oh, and if I am writing this in the wrong place, if you could let me know what the best forum for this kind of question would be, that would be awesome!

I have been looking over more and more of the site and there doesn't seem to be any information on how to do this. I was wondering if maybe I could modify the category box, or create a new one with the category box as a template, that would show sub categories. Anyway, any help on this would be great. Oh, and if I am writing this in the wrong place, if you could let me know what the best forum for this kind of question would be, that would be awesome!

Peter,

I'm working on a site wishing to do I think what you are asking. I would love to have pictures and sub-categories on the front page. Since I'm not skilled in php I chose to use a graphic and will add some text, eliminate new products and place one link <start shopping> in my category box. That takes me to sub-categories where I can add pics and products. Someday when I learn to do this correctly I'll go to plan B. I hope this helps in the interim. www.highlandspa.com/store/ Feel free to look, still a lot of cleaning up to do.

Ken

Archived