• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error messages - please give me a hint

vasile

I get these 2 messages:

Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/www/free/lampadar.xhost.ro/includes/classes/email.php on line 522

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/free/lampadar.xhost.ro/includes/classes/email.php:522) in /home/www/free/lampadar.xhost.ro/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I have deleted the white spaces from the above files (from the begining and end of files) but I don't know how to approach the below sugestion, from Common Probles/ Knowledge Base:

to make sure no headers are being set after content has been sent to the client.

How do I do that or what else should I do?

Thank you.

- line 522 -

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers)); - this is line 522

- line 29 -

function tep_redirect($url) {

if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page

if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url

$url = HTTPS_SERVER . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)); // Change it to SSL

}

}

header('Location: ' . $url); - this is line 29

tep_exit();

}

Vasile

Any help, please?

MarcoZorro replied to one of my posts and told me that OSC should work with a free email, like gmail.

I am very thankfull for his advice.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183605

However, Vger in another post wrote that we should use an email address like: [email protected].

For now I'm using a free email just for tests and I will definitely use a registered domain with a proper email, once I will decide on the hosting company.

If the above errors are not related with my email address, what else could be the problem?

Vasile

The reason you shouldn't use an outside e-mail address is quite simple. If you send mail from your website to be relayed via another e-mail address then this is called 'Relaying' and this is what spammers do - and this is why 'Relaying' is banned by most major Internet Service Providers. So - relayed mail will bounce right back to you.

Vger

Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons

vasile, are you currently using a Free Hosting account?

If so, the Hoster could have script eMailing turned off, for the (potential Spamming) reasons already mentioned.

Once you decide to get a regular Hosting account and are using your own Domain name, your eMail problem should disappear.

Here is a simple PHP eMail script for testing if one can send eMail.

<?php

mail("[email protected]","eMailTest","This is content");

echo "eMail sent, please check your Mail";

?>

Save it as 'mailtest.php' and after uploading, use your Browser and go to:

http://yourdomain.com/mailtest.php

I did it...

Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/www/free/lampadar.xhost.ro/mailtest.php on line 3

eMail sent, please check your Mail

so I supose I need a paid web host...

I found two hosting plans... Would you suggest me any of them? I ask you because if I ask someone from a local forum they will advertise themselves.

Please check these two options and tell me what should I choose. You should be able to understand even if it's not plain English. Thank you.

http://www.mxhost.ro/gazduire_site.php

http://www.hostvision.ro/webhosting.php

Vasile

Archived