• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing contribution and make a big mistake

aclema

Installing one of the contributions I deleted to much code and now my admin doesn't work or my storefront. I made a backup of the file but I think I deleted it or something because I can't find it now.

In catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php I deleted the code that starts with tep_set_specials_status

If someone could send me a copy of this code and the code that goes before it so I know where to put it back in it would be greatly appreciated

Installing one of the contributions I deleted to much code and now my admin doesn't work or my storefront. I made a backup of the file but I think I deleted it or something because I can't find it now.

In catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php I deleted the code that starts with tep_set_specials_status

If someone could send me a copy of this code and the code that goes before it so I know where to put it back in it would be greatly appreciated

You should still have the original zip file of osC that you downloaded, just unzip to a new location and you will have a backup of all your files.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

You should still have the original zip file of osC that you downloaded, just unzip to a new location and you will have a backup of all your files.

Sort of new at this I don't know what you are talking about. Please explain

Sort of new at this I don't know what you are talking about. Please explain

You downloaded a copy of osC from this site. Correct?? It was in the form of a zip file which you unzipped and then uploaded to your server. Just unzip that file again to a different location on you computer then copy the file that you trashed.

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

You downloaded a copy of osC from this site. Correct?? It was in the form of a zip file which you unzipped and then uploaded to your server. Just unzip that file again to a different location on you computer then copy the file that you trashed.

The zip file doesn't have the file in it. The directions said what code to change and where to put it. I trashed the file and I can't find the backup I made I think I deleted it thinking it was the other file that I changed so now I don't have the code to fix this one

The zip file doesn't have the file in it. The directions said what code to change and where to put it. I trashed the file and I can't find the backup I made I think I deleted it thinking it was the other file that I changed so now I don't have the code to fix this one

Not the zip file of the contribution but your original download of osC that you download from HERE

If you do not still have that file just download osC again and then you will have a backup copy of all your files.

Not the zip file of the contribution but your original download of osC that you download from HERE

If you do not still have that file just download osC again and then you will have a backup copy of all your files.

Thank you I hope this works. I would really hate to start all over from scratch

Archived