• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Delete Attributes

I feel like a dunce, but I cannot figure out how to delete an attribute from a product other then manually editing the database.

Let's say I have a t-shirt for sale and have already assigned the color attributes: Red, White, Green and Purple Polka Dot. Since no one is ordering or I can not get the Purple Polka Dot anymore how do I remove Purple Polka Dot from being an attribute of this product.

I am hoping there is an easy solution because my customer runs his own store and is not at a level were he can manually manipulate the datbase for these type of things.

Regards,

Billy

I was able to delete mine from the attributes section of admin but I had to go through the pages until I found the ones to delete.

On mine there is no delete button, only an edit button, is this different from the norm?

Thanks,

Billy

you should have the delete button next to your edit button.

Since there is no delete button next to the edit button can anyone send me the snippet of code that puts the delete button there along with where it goes in the code (and what file it is to be edited).

I don't know why it's not there for mine but I greatly appreciate it.

-Billy

If I am you, I will download the OsCommerce again, and then compare what is different between the original products_attributes.php and your current one.

It's pretty funny that you mentioned that because when I got the email notification about this thread being updated just now, I had only finished doing that same thing 30 seconds earlier.

I hadn't wanted to do that because I didn't know how much versions would differ but I finally just went for it tonight....looks like it worked.

Thx

Archived