• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with paypal configuration

ladyc

Hello I am needing help with my paypal configuration can someone tell me if I am missing anything the paypal page doesn't even show up. I called paypal and since it is a 3rd party cart they can 't help me I am losing money by the day.

Here is the configuration

:( Is there anything that is missing??????

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" target="_blank">

<input type="image" name="submit" src="http://images.paypal.com/images/x-click-but6.gif" border="0" alt="Make payments with PayPal, it's fast, free, and secure!">

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick" />

<input type="hidden" name="business" value="<?php echo [email protected] >" />

<input type="hidden" name="receiver_email" value="<?php echo [email protected] >" />

<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Order Nr. <?php $db->p("order_id") ?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="order_id" value="<?php $db->p("order_id") ?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="invoice" value="<?php $db->p("order_number") ?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="<?php printf("%.2f", $db->f("order_total"))?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="<?php echo $_SESSION['vendor_currency'] ?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="image_url" value="<?php echo $vendor_image_url ?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="<?php echo SECUREURL ."index.php?option=com_phpshop&page=checkout.result&order_id=".$db->f("order_id") ?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="<?php echo SECUREURL ."administrator/components/com_phpshop/notify.php" ?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="<?php echo SECUREURL ."index.php" ?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="undefined_quantity" value="0" />

<input type="hidden" name="mrb" value="NRUBJXESJTY24" />

<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1" />

<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1" />

</form>

This is the code for a Pay Pal 'Buy Now' button - and has nothing to do with osCommerce or any of the Pay Pal modules it uses.

Vger

Is there anything missing on it?

I cannot get the person who built the site to help me.

hugs

Chrissy

That code is not for use with an osCommerce website. It is the code to go onto a static html based website.

As to whether it is correct, the code for these buttons is generated on the Pay Pal website by their button maker software. If the code is wrong then it's because it was set up wrong in the first place.

By the way it is against forum rules to use URL's in your signature - and you have 5 of them in there!

Vger

• 2 weeks later...
That code is not for use with an osCommerce website. It is the code to go onto a static html based website.

As to whether it is correct, the code for these buttons is generated on the Pay Pal website by their button maker software. If the code is wrong then it's because it was set up wrong in the first place.

By the way it is against forum rules to use URL's in your signature - and you have 5 of them in there!

Vger

Hi Vger

i clocked on to that too... but how you think this website managed to incorporate paypal payments in to it's product info pages?

here's the link

they have it for every individual item, stunning!

Thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Chooch,

Looks to be an Infobox with the product variables passed to Paypal. Nice idea but it needs a little link that opens a new window with all those words, words, words.

See if the owner will share with you. maybe it's already a Contrib?

Chooch,

Looks to be an Infobox with the product variables passed to Paypal. Nice idea but it needs a little link that opens a new window with all those words, words, words.

See if the owner will share with you. maybe it's already a Contrib?

Brushwood

it looks good eh!

i emailed this guy before to ask how got his 'reveiws' page to show the reviews like that and he ignored my mails... i found out the contribution he used afterwards but don't know yet how to make it like so.

back to the paypal product info link, hopefully it has to be a contribution.... the owner wont share.

thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I didn't see anything in the Contribs like it, but it may be lurking. According to his hit counter, he's been at this for years so maybe he coded it himself. Too bad he isn't the sharing kind. When I view source, it looks like a simple function to generate the proper data inside a paypal instant payment button. You can try to figure all that out as well as making an infobox for it... or you could generate a button for each product in your store. Boring and tedious, but much easier to implement. Just add the link and a quick explanation by html in your products' descriptions. I say quick because I think his explanation is way too verbose. That needs to be cut down or linked to a separate page for folks to read once. I use little popups for that kind of thing. It keeps pages looking much cleaner.

Archived