• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping Cart Icon and Contents in Header

oscommercenewbie

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone else has put the shopping cart icon and contents of the shopping cart in header?

I want my header to look like another oscommerce site Site

When the cart is empty, it will say now in your cart 0 items

When it has products, it will say now in your cart 1 items

I have tried the contribution shopping cart in header but I cant make the code fit properly. Has anyone done this? Made the header look like the website above?

If so, would you be willing to share the code?

Thank you for your time!

Hi,

Try something like this:

<table><tr><td>
 <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES 'icon_cart.gif', '', '16', '16', 'align="absmiddle"') . '</a>?' . BOX_HEADING_SHOPPING_CART;?></td></tr>
<tr><td height="2"></td></tr>
<tr><td><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ':?<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . $cart->count_contents() . '?items</a>'; ?></td></tr></table>

and change the image name to whatever you need.

Hi Allison,

Sorry - I missed a dot in the code. Here, try again:

<table><tr><td>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_cart.gif', '', '16', '16', 'align="absmiddle"') . '</a> ' . BOX_HEADING_SHOPPING_CART;?></td></tr>
<tr><td height="2"></td></tr>
<tr><td><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ': <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . $cart->count_contents() . ' items</a>'; ?></td></tr></table>

Add your own icon_cart.gif image and some style formatting, and you've got it.

Archived