• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to Set Permissions on configure.php

Peace Freak

I am having trouble chmodding the configure.php file... I get the following message at the top of my catalog :

?Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/cambodia/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I am a Mac user using GoLive CS2 to do the chmodding. I have tried both 644 and 444 (read only for all users) but it does not seem to work or have any effect. I still get the message! Perhaps GoLive is the problem?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Adone GoLive is very unstable. I recommend you don't use it for FTP work. There are plenty of free FTP programmes available which will do the job - though you may be limited when it comes to what's available for Mac users. You can also reset permissions this way.

Create a txt file on your computer and name it chmod.php, then insert this code into it:

<?php
chmod ("includes/configure.php", 0444);
?>

Then upload it to the root of your website via FTP.

Then go to http://www.yourdomain.com/chmod.php. You won't see anything on the screen but it should have reset the permissions on that file for you. Once it's been done don't leave the chmod file on your website.

Vger

Hello!

Wow! That did the trick! Thank you so much! I will have to find another FTP program. Until then, the little trick did the trick, though I had to change the file slightly to "catalog/"includes/configure.php" to make it work.

Thank you so much!

Adone GoLive is very unstable. I recommend you don't use it for FTP work. There are plenty of free FTP programmes available which will do the job - though you may be limited when it comes to what's available for Mac users. You can also reset permissions this way.

Create a txt file on your computer and name it chmod.php, then insert this code into it:

<?php
chmod ("includes/configure.php", 0444);
?>

Then upload it to the root of your website via FTP.

Then go to http://www.yourdomain.com/chmod.php. You won't see anything on the screen but it should have reset the permissions on that file for you. Once it's been done don't leave the chmod file on your website.

Vger

Archived