• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Taking out left column & Right Column

adnimas5

I searched on the knowledge base and found how to remove left and right columns. It said under main 'Catalog' folder, remove the follwing code on every PHP file:

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

I went ahead and removed those lines from evey PHP file in the catalog folder. BUT columns are still there. Any input? I need to remove header and foot as well. Any help will be apreciated.

Make sure (with no browser window to your website open) that you use Internet Tools to delete Temporary Internet Files and all Offline Content, and set your browser to 'Always' look for the newest version of pages.

You've probably got the old version cached on your computer.

Vger

Hi,

For removing header and footer just take out any visible content in those files (includes/header.php includes/footer.php). Leave the rest.

Sam,

Here's an approach that will enable you to easily change your mind later:

You can go into catalog/includes/column_left.php (and also column_right and header and footer) and simply comment out the code rather than delete it.

In the column files, those are all php, so just put a /* right under the license line (appx line 12) and then a */ right before the ?> at the very end of the file. (If you ended up wanting to show some infoboxes and not others, just select which code elements to comment out.)

In the header and footer files, those are writing html, so just put a <!-- right after the first ?> in the file and that should kill the whole thing. I'm surprised you don't want any sort of header, but you know your biz and I don't.

Best wishes.

Troy

Archived