• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Server sending out junk email to me (and customers?)

milkypop

Hello,

I tried seaching first, but didn't come up with anything.

My website, first of all, is http://www.milkypop.com

Lately I've been getting a LOT of junk email that is apparently being sent through the contact form on my site. It is all labeled as such:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

"linhostssl02.mesa1.secureserver.net" is the address of my server (I go through godaddy.com).

The content of these emails is this:

"1eb7b33c43b5519a801f871090307e2b

" <[email protected]>.

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

[email protected]"

but sometimes even contains THIS:

"UPDATE VERY HOT SECTOR FOR INVESTMENT

Universal Property Development & Acquisition Benchmark Coverage To Be Initiated By Investrend Research

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 14, 2005--(Investrend Research Syndicate) Universal Property Development & Acquistion Corp. (OTCBB: UPDA - News) has enrolled in the unique shareholder empowerment platform administered by Investrend Communications, Inc., a provider of financial intelligence programs. Benchmark research coverage will be initiated by an Investrend Research analyst to be assigned in the next few days."

(it goes on for a lot more).

What is going on here? Is this a security problem? Apparently this is getting sent out to other people, because occaisionally I get an email from a random person with the subject of "Remove me from your list!"

Please help...

Sounds like you may be a victom of the Contact Us injection. Do a search in Contributions for:

contact us spam

Hope this fixes your problem

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Sounds like you may be a victom of the Contact Us injection. Do a search in Contributions for:

contact us spam

Hope this fixes your problem

Better yet...

Download the 051113 Update from the downloads section here and install the two fixes which address the problem (if not all of them).

Here's the descriptive document:

http://www.oscommerce.com/ext/update-20051113.html

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Archived