• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing OSCommerce using Dreamweaver MX

Ive got my oscommerce site up and running, but i would like to be able to edit some of the pages using dreamweaver. When i try and view the page in dreamweaver i get a blank screen, i thought if i tried to edit the copy from the website id be able to. is there something im not doing right.

Anyhelp would be appriecated

Thanks

Ive got my oscommerce site up and running, but i would like to be able to edit some of the pages using dreamweaver. When i try and view the page in dreamweaver i get a blank screen, i thought if i tried to edit the copy from the website id be able to. is there something im not doing right.

Anyhelp would be appriecated

Thanks

I've found that using the STS (simple template system) made customization a breeze. You can read up on it here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Thanks for that, it looks good, id still like to be able to view the site in dreamweaver to make small changes. Is this possible?

Yeah.. it's really easy. Install STS, then go into the sts_templates folder. From there you can open up the various template files, plug-in your new tables/graphics/etc via dreamweaver. When you upload the templates back to your server- your oscommerce site will resemble the templates. You can create new template files using a naming convention outlined in the readme file (the sts readme file will be your best friend) to edit specific pages.

-nixx

Just don't use the Dreamweaver FTP client to upload files - it can seriously damage your site (well known for not being stable).

Vger

Thanks for all the help and advice, im going to try it now.

Archived