• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I block a customer?

bobg7

Got an email from my CC processor that one of the customers reported that there card was used without permission to place an order and they were putting a hold on the funds till they get it figured out.

The item had already shipped and FedEx was unable to keep the driver from attempting to deliver it, fortulatly for me the customer refused it and it's on the way back.

Now I see the same customer has placed another order using the same CC processor, same name and address but a different CC for the same item. I smell a fish and it's been in the sun way too long.

Is there a way or contribution to 'suspend an account' pending review. I did a search but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Got an email from my CC processor that one of the customers reported that there card was used without permission to place an order and they were putting a hold on the funds till they get it figured out.

The item had already shipped and FedEx was unable to keep the driver from attempting to deliver it, fortulatly for me the customer refused it and it's on the way back.

Now I see the same customer has placed another order using the same CC processor, same name and address but a different CC for the same item. I smell a fish and it's been in the sun way too long.

Is there a way or contribution to 'suspend an account' pending review. I did a search but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

I'm not too sure about suspending an account but I do know that you can deny the IP address of the customer in question. Not sure if this might be helpful in what you are trying to do.

I definately wouldn't ship any more orders to this customer.

The ultimate thing I would like to see is for when the customer signs in, they get a page saying there account has been suspended.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Thanks Jack_mcs, I think that will do the trick. :D

Archived