• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pull Down menu help

Hi,

First of all i would like to say thanks for all the support from the peeps @ oscommerce forum.

Right.....

I want to use a pop up menu in the catagories box......... Let me explain.

I want to enter in the catagories box several catagories, such as, Laptop Barebones, Digital Camera's, etc...

Thats easy enough.

But in stead of the category expanding and displaying the sub catagories when you click i want it to display the sub catagories when the mouse moves of the selected catagory.

Just like when you move the mouse cursor over "All Programs" in windows XP.

I was going to use Fireworks 8 but i don't know how to perform the programming.

Hi,

First of all i would like to say thanks for all the support from the peeps @ oscommerce forum.

Right.....

I want to use a pop up menu in the catagories box......... Let me explain.

I want to enter in the catagories box several catagories, such as, Laptop Barebones, Digital Camera's, etc...

Thats easy enough.

But in stead of the category expanding and displaying the sub catagories when you click i want it to display the sub catagories when the mouse moves of the selected catagory.

Just like when you move the mouse cursor over "All Programs" in windows XP.

I was going to use Fireworks 8 but i don't know how to perform the programming.

I would like to do a similar thing. I've found what I want here: http://www.websitetemplatedesign.com/osc/OSC048/

it's a free script they are using but I am a beginner and have no idea how to implement the script into OSC.

Thanks,

Dave.

I would like to do a similar thing. I've found what I want here: http://www.websitetemplatedesign.com/osc/OSC048/

it's a free script they are using but I am a beginner and have no idea how to implement the script into OSC.

Thanks,

Dave.

Sweet.... That is exactly what i am looking for...

I have got osCommerce MS2-MAX v1.70. The same version that it is built on, so i am going to have a look at it and try to pull out the categories section. Well i'll try

If you give me your email address i will try and send you some code on it. [email protected].

Have a look at mysite and tell me what you think. My Webpage It's not finished yet.... Its a work in progress :blush:

Donny

Sweet.... That is exactly what i am looking for...

I have got osCommerce MS2-MAX v1.70. The same version that it is built on, so i am going to have a look at it and try to pull out the categories section. Well i'll try

If you give me your email address i will try and send you some code on it. [email protected].

Have a look at mysite and tell me what you think. My Webpage It's not finished yet.... Its a work in progress :blush:

Donny

Donny,

thanks for the message/email, glad to see you have sussed out what to do with it, looks like you have modified it slightly to suit your requirements. Seems to work nicely. Any install advice/tips would be appreciated. Looking at the features preinstalled I wish I had osCommerce MS2-MAX v1.70. I have a more basci version of MS2 2.2 modified by by hosting provider who supplied it as an e-commerce package. I've made quite a lot of changes since the original install back in May and the site has now been live since early September. http://www.marine-ower.co.uk/catalog.

Thanks,

Dave.

Archived