• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Returning Customer Sign-In Not Working Properly

I'm new to osCommerce and so far have found at least 1 post for every problem I've encountered so far, but doing searches for help on this one has yet to result in a fix.

When I go into the store as a Returning Customer, I get the "Welcome, Please Sign In" page to appear as it should, but if I enter my email addy and password, I get the dreaded "404" error. I've tried both IE and Mozilla browsers to see if it may be a browser related error, but both return the same error. If I input the wrong password or email address, I get the default "Error: No match..." and the log-in page again. The "New Customer" Continue button works fine, so it's only the sign-in button that is not working correctly.

I have NO idea what page/code part I need to edit to get this to work correctly. Suggestions, helps, tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chin

Oh, wasn't too sure where to post this at, but since I'm still in the configuration stages this seemed like the right board.

Okay, chalk it up to not near enough coffee and sleep. I figured out the problem. Seems there is this little link up there in the top right hand corner that says "LOG OFF". Seems if ya go there first, then you can log back in with no problems. Forgot that little important step.

I'm posting my "discovery" here just in case there is someone else out there that is a few cups and a couple of dozen winks shy if they come up with the same error.

:huh: Okay, seems I spoke too soon yesterday. Went back again today and was running some test items through the store. Please note, I don't have this live yet and it's still in it's "out of the box" layout. Other than adding items, a few modules, and some information here and there, it's still "stock"

<P>To check on the Returning Customer error I was receiving yesterday, I made sure I didn't have any cookies setup on my system, made sure my cache was fresh and clean, history was clear, basically went in "new". From the "Welcome" page, I hit "Log Yourself In" and the "Login" page opened up just like it should.

Put my information in the "Returning Customer" spot and hit the Sign In button.<P>

404 - Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

<P>Needless to say, I was a bit miffed. It was working last time I checked it, but now it's not. I hit the "Back" button on my browser. Now, I'm back at the Log-In page again, ONLY now I have LOG OFF up there in the right hand corner. I decided to try the Sign In button again without hitting the "Log Off" link and got the ever present and irritating 404 again. Did this a couple of times to get my frustration level up.

<P>Okay, now to try the Log-Off. Clicked that and the handy dandy Log Off page appeared with the Continue button. Clicked that button and I'm back to the Welcome screen. Where I decided to try ONE more time to be a returning customer.

<P>Log yourself in link... Returning Customer info... Sign In button... 404!!!!!

<P>Went through the Log Out process again and made it back to the Welcome page. Decided to check to see if other methods of signing in worked. The "My Account" sign in works great, took me right to the Account page. I go directly to Delivery Information when I add an item through Guest and sign-in as a Returning Customer. The only time I can reproduce the 404 error is when I go from the index "Welcome" page and use the "Sign Yourself In" link to get to the Returning Customer Sign In Page.

<P>As I posted in the original to this thread, I'm not too up to snuff on PHP and I'm not sure what part of the code or even what page I need to edit for this to work properly, but if someone can point me to the right section I can fiddle with it and see if I can fix it or even post it here on the board for someone else to review and discover I'm prolly missing a "," or something.

<P>

Thanks in advance

I'm having the same problem. You can log in everywhere else properly except for the Welcome page returning user login link.

Also, I am using a shared secure server and it is supposed to be going to http://secure1.xxx.com/username/catalog .... etc but when using this login link it seems to not use the "username" part of the login.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can anybody please help with this problem. You can test on my website at www.podzone.com.au/catalog

Thanks.

Can anybody please help with this problem. You can test on my website at www.podzone.com.au/catalog

More info on the problem... When you click on "log yourself in" and enter in your username/password it then goes to a "Not Found" error page. The URL is https://secure1.ilisys.com.au/catalog/index...9c765fd9bcaab7d

when it should be https://secure1.ilisys.com.au/podzo/catalog...9c765fd9bcaab7d

however, if you then click the back button, and then click "my account" it has actually logged you in as a user so it seems that it is the redirect that isn't working properly.

If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be very greatful.

Thanks.

Bumping again. I concur with Ben, seems the redirect isn't functioning properly here, only I can't seem to locate where it's not working at. If I head in via my "home cart" it works fine, but the online version I'm trying to finish setting up to go "live" gives me the redirect error.

Archived