• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Price Question & Order Submission Question

wncmacs

I am a newbie to osCommerce, but have set up shopping carts in other store formats. I am VERY impressed with the quality of osCommerce, especially its administration side.

Now my questions:

I am wanting to set up an online store for a college bookstore for its textbooks. The problem is the books have a "new" and a "used" price, and the shopper needs to be able to select one of those options when placing an order for the book. How can I give multiple price points for a product?

Secondly, the bookstore only wants to take orders through the site, not process payments. Can osCommerce take the shopping cart and shipping information and e-mail it to someone who will then contact the shopper to complete the transaction separately? If so, how do I configure the software to only send the order?

Thank you for your help on these questions!

wncmacs

I am a newbie to osCommerce, but have set up shopping carts in other store formats. I am VERY impressed with the quality of osCommerce, especially its administration side.

Now my questions:

I am wanting to set up an online store for a college bookstore for its textbooks. The problem is the books have a "new" and a "used" price, and the shopper needs to be able to select one of those options when placing an order for the book. How can I give multiple price points for a product?

Secondly, the bookstore only wants to take orders through the site, not process payments. Can osCommerce take the shopping cart and shipping information and e-mail it to someone who will then contact the shopper to complete the transaction separately? If so, how do I configure the software to only send the order?

Thank you for your help on these questions!

wncmacs

To get the two seperate prices you should create the product and set it with the new price. Then in the products attibutes pages in admin > catalog, create a drop down with two option. The first should be new, and the second should be used. For the used one you can set a negative value to knock from the NEW price, hence getting the lower used price.

As for not processing payments, i'd enable only the cash on delivery payment option, as this allows the transaction to go through without demanding any other payment details from the customer.

You can customise the cash on delivery text that appears during checkout in the following file:

catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\payment\cod.php

hope thats of some help

Archived