• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EASY POPULATE HELP

amanisuperstore

Hi guys I needed some help learning how the easy pupulate works. I just installed it on my site and am wanting to know how it works. I already have products on my site (about 800 items) that I put in manually but this has taken me a really long time. The following are the questions that I have:

1) Is there some info that I can read so that I can learn how to use it

2) Is there a way that you can put up the images simultaneously with the excel file

3) Is there a chance of messing up the list of products that I already have on my site

Please help me out on.

Thanks in advance. :-"

Hi guys I needed some help learning how the easy pupulate works. I just installed it on my site and am wanting to know how it works. I already have products on my site (about 800 items) that I put in manually but this has taken me a really long time. The following are the questions that I have:

1) Is there some info that I can read so that I can learn how to use it

2) Is there a way that you can put up the images simultaneously with the excel file

3) Is there a chance of messing up the list of products that I already have on my site

Please help me out on.

Thanks in advance. :-"

I'd check the support thread and read the documentation with the contribution. That should answer most your questions. In short...

1) Setup your products in an excell spreadsheet with the appropriate headings as laid out in the documenation. When you've finished that, save the file as a tab-delimited text file (make sure your version is set up for this kind of file. CHECK THE SUPPORT DOCUMENTS) and then upload your products using easy populate.

2) There is a feild for the image link, but you would need to upload the images using some ftp software. I put all my images in a file according to the catagory, i.e. tools- then upload the directory to my image directory. The link would be something like tools/image.jpg

3) YES- Make sure everything is setup as prescibed in the support documents, or you'll get upload errors that could mess up your store that would require you to edit your database. NOT FUN.

Good Luck!

I'd check the support thread and read the documentation with the contribution. That should answer most your questions. In short...

1) Setup your products in an excell spreadsheet with the appropriate headings as laid out in the documenation. When you've finished that, save the file as a tab-delimited text file (make sure your version is set up for this kind of file. CHECK THE SUPPORT DOCUMENTS) and then upload your products using easy populate.

2) There is a feild for the image link, but you would need to upload the images using some ftp software. I put all my images in a file according to the catagory, i.e. tools- then upload the directory to my image directory. The link would be something like tools/image.jpg

3) YES- Make sure everything is setup as prescibed in the support documents, or you'll get upload errors that could mess up your store that would require you to edit your database. NOT FUN.

Good Luck!

Thanks Dan I will give it a try. But the big question is where is the documentaiton I have looked for it but cannot find it. Please send me a link.

Highly appreciated for your quick response

+Eric+

Thanks Dan I will give it a try. But the big question is where is the documentaiton I have looked for it but cannot find it. Please send me a link.

Highly appreciated for your quick response

+Eric+

In the easy populate zip that you downloaded, there should be a folder labeled "docs". That should be your #1 source for info. My EP version was 2.76. Some versions don't include the full package so the most recent might not have it. Look into previous contributions if you cant find it.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

In the easy populate zip that you downloaded, there should be a folder labeled "docs". That should be your #1 source for info. My EP version was 2.76. Some versions don't include the full package so the most recent might not have it. Look into previous contributions if you cant find it.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

+Eric+ :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this will help, but once you have installed easy populate, and have it working, (it's not very difficult and I am sure you have it working by now), you will want to test uploading and downloading your products etc.

First of all do yourself a favour and remove all the unecessary products attributes from the admin panel, this makes things much shorter and easier to cope with.

Then go and download an free program called CSVed. I'm lovin it too much. Allows you to open tab, comma, semi colon and more documents into tables, and then has many different ways of letting you edit the details, and also lets you save as whatever delimitation you need for OSC.

A great little program, thumbs up to the developers.

Hi, sorry but I can't seem to get this to work. I've installed it, ive managed to get it to download the excel file, ive edited the file and saved it, BUT when i try to upload it I get this:-

Easy Populate 2.78-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jan07-1806.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpjvR0pb' to /catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jan07-1806.txt' in /catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpjvR0pb

User filename: EP2006Jan07-1806.txt

Size: 53114

Warning: file(/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jan07-1806.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 665

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 688

I havent got a clue as to what im doing wrong! Any help would be good as I've got about 1000 products to enter!

Many Thanks.

Hi, sorry but I can't seem to get this to work. I've installed it, ive managed to get it to download the excel file, ive edited the file and saved it, BUT when i try to upload it I get this:-

Easy Populate 2.78-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jan07-1806.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpjvR0pb' to /catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jan07-1806.txt' in /catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpjvR0pb

User filename: EP2006Jan07-1806.txt

Size: 53114

Warning: file(/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jan07-1806.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 665

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 688

I havent got a clue as to what im doing wrong! Any help would be good as I've got about 1000 products to enter!

Many Thanks.

Solved this - added catalog folder and then temp folder in main catalog folder, Just got to sort out a SQL Syntax error 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near.

nevermind all that stuff I just said - you figured it out while I was posting.

I did want to add that I just installed EasyPopulate, and now that I have it working, I'm thrilled that I don't have to do each table manually through phpmyadmin with several different csv files!!

I did have to strip all the " and ' out of my descriptions, but now I'm golden!!

Thanks guys & gals.

Edited by pcs-webservices

Solved this - added catalog folder and then temp folder in main catalog folder, Just got to sort out a SQL Syntax error 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near.

Sorry if I wased anyone's time here - As I've posted my questions, 5 Mins later I've answered them.

Sorry. :blush:

Filename: Ep 2006~1

Warning: file(/home/virtual/site67/fst/var/www/html//temp/Ep 2006~1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site67/fst/var/www/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 683

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site67/fst/var/www/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 688

thats the error message i get when i try to import a product list, im not sure what to do can someone please help me out here. thank you in advance

joe

Filename: Ep 2006~1

Warning: file(/home/virtual/site67/fst/var/www/html//temp/Ep 2006~1) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site67/fst/var/www/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 683

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site67/fst/var/www/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 688

thats the error message i get when i try to import a product list, im not sure what to do can someone please help me out here. thank you in advance

joe

YAY never mind got it working im not sure what i did but it works now!!

Hi All,

I have a little problem with the categories which should be created automatically when importing articles.

I have a Linux System, installed MS2.2 with the newest security patches and installed the Easy Populate Contrib. I did change the config variables like mentioned in the docs and I am able to download teh articles. I have before set up a bilingual shopping system.

When I export the articles ("complete") I am getting a list but the english category names are missing; the german ones are included.

The error occurs when I look at the shop when I deleted all articles and improted the exported onces again.

There are no categories left afterwards ...

Anybody who experienced similar problems ? Any help would be appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance

Ben