• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sorting

aclema

I've input a number of attributes for my items. Then went back and added more. Now I have two drop down lists which are beautiful except they are sorted by the order they were entered. I need to sort them alphabetically but can't seem to find out how. I've been through the contributions but they are either to sort by input sequence or attribute value. My values are $0 and I don't want it by input sequence since I'm always adding new things and want them to show up alphabetically.

Anyone have any ideas how I can achieve this?

Amanda

I've input a number of attributes for my items. Then went back and added more. Now I have two drop down lists which are beautiful except they are sorted by the order they were entered. I need to sort them alphabetically but can't seem to find out how. I've been through the contributions but they are either to sort by input sequence or attribute value. My values are $0 and I don't want it by input sequence since I'm always adding new things and want them to show up alphabetically.

Anyone have any ideas how I can achieve this?

Amanda

No one has tried to do this??

No one has tried to do this??

Just had a look and I think I've got it.

replace the following code in /catalog/product_info.php

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

with this code:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pa.products_attributes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . " order by pov.products_options_values_name, pa.products_attributes_id");

and keep you fingers crossed :lol:

the replacement code can be thinned to:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pa.products_attributes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . " order by pov.products_options_values_name");

Just had a look and I think I've got it.

replace the following code in /catalog/product_info.php

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

with this code:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pa.products_attributes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . " order by pov.products_options_values_name, pa.products_attributes_id");

and keep you fingers crossed :lol:

the replacement code can be thinned to:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pa.products_attributes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . " order by pov.products_options_values_name");

THANK YOU !!!! YOU ARE WONDERFUL....WORKS PERFECT!!!

Archived