• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The Catalog folder..... what is it for?

tonyhaddon

Hi there...

Might sound like a silly question but I've been working intensively with OSC for a month or two now and I keep coming across contribs referring to the catalog folder.

on my site OSC is installed as <root>\store it has no catalog folder within store but one beside it at <root>\catalog. there's nothing in it but a temp folder and an easypopulate file that one of the company's emplyees tried to install.

My question is this. Is my catalog folder in the right place? and why isn't my site using it. is it necessary?

Ok that's three questions.... :D

Thanks in advance

*Oops don't worry about it i think i figured it out. what was my catalog folder is now "store"*

Hi there...

Might sound like a silly question but I've been working intensively with OSC for a month or two now and I keep coming across contribs referring to the catalog folder.

on my site OSC is installed as <root>\store it has no catalog folder within store but one beside it at <root>\catalog. there's nothing in it but a temp folder and an easypopulate file that one of the company's emplyees tried to install.

My question is this. Is my catalog folder in the right place? and why isn't my site using it. is it necessary?

Ok that's three questions.... :D

Thanks in advance

*Oops don't worry about it i think i figured it out. what was my catalog folder is now "store"*

If you have your shop in your root folder, you will not have a catalog folder which is fine, That just means that you will have to amend any instructions amd workings in copying thing to \catalog to \.. My site has a main page with other things as I am not just a shop, so i use the catalog folder so my shop is under www.mysite.com\catalog.

HTH

Giovanna

Archived