• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

New problem :( After adding code for this contrib products that use morepics are pulling up the right side bar, currently i am running left and centre. But right bar is also beeing drawn but empty. anyone have any idea what pice of code i am to remove from the contrib code to resolve this problem. ?

I don't know what you mean by "products that use morepics are pulling up the right side bar"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Thx for this contribution.

But unfortunately I have a problem that makes using this contrib impossible for me at the moment:

In my page there's a flash banner in the header and the More_Pics Image Popup appears BEHIND this flash banner.

Does anyone have a tweak for this problem or any idea how to solve it??

Sebastian

Hi. Thx for this contribution.

But unfortunately I have a problem that makes using this contrib impossible for me at the moment:

In my page there's a flash banner in the header and the More_Pics Image Popup appears BEHIND this flash banner.

Does anyone have a tweak for this problem or any idea how to solve it??

Sebastian

did the normal shop popup appear under that flash?

did the normal shop popup appear under that flash?

The normal popup appeared on top of the flash banner.

When the More_Pics popup appears the rest of the page is shaded but the flash banner is ignored and appears on top of everything else. :'(

The normal popup appeared on top of the flash banner.

When the More_Pics popup appears the rest of the page is shaded but the flash banner is ignored and appears on top of everything else. :'(

what do you mean "rest of the page is shaded"? You have the ajax lightbox script installed don't you? Then you have to expect problems like that will an unpredictable javascript like that. Probably will look different on every browser also.

Edited by surfalot

Well, I just installed the latest version of More_Pics. I didn't know there was a version without the pretty lightbox ;).

But anyway, I fixed the problem. This is how the swf file is included now (bold parts fixed the problem!!):

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0"

width="986" height="200" hspace="0" vspace="0">

<param name="movie" value="images/header.swf">

<param name="quality" value="high">

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<embed src="images/header.swf" wmode="transparent" width="986" height="200" hspace="0" vspace="0" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>

</object>

The first one (param) is for IE and the embed attribute works for Mozilla. Looks pretty good now in all browsers.

Thx for your help.

Sebastian

Hi,

I am currently running v1.2c. Does anyone have v2 installed on their live site so I could see what the difference between the two versions are?

My client has also decided that he would like the pop-up image to be alot bigger but at the same time, likes the size of the main image (same as pop-up) on the product info page. Is it possible to modify the pop-up image size without affecting the main image on product info?

If not, then I will have to look at another alternative. In this case, how can I go about removing mopics from the database without doing a restore as the client has upload LOADS of images since mopics was installed.

Thanks

eHM... Maybe I'm just tired, or I'm simply born this way...:

WHERE do I add the extra images?

I've set "Show All MorePics on Product Info page" to "true" but I can't quite figure out how to add more than the default 1 picture to a product. I'm not getting that option anywhere...

Am I perhaps missing something in my installation? Not getting any error reports though.

Please help me, I'm feeling frustrated and stupid. :blush:

eHM... Maybe I'm just tired, or I'm simply born this way...:

WHERE do I add the extra images?

I've set "Show All MorePics on Product Info page" to "true" but I can't quite figure out how to add more than the default 1 picture to a product. I'm not getting that option anywhere...

Am I perhaps missing something in my installation? Not getting any error reports though.

Please help me, I'm feeling frustrated and stupid. :blush:

if it was installed correctly there will be 6 more image upload fields in your product edit page.

if it was installed correctly there will be 6 more image upload fields in your product edit page.

Fixed it. My ftp client was acting up and the admin/categories.php wasn't uploaded correctly.

(As much as I hate error notifications, it does make it easier to find the errors...)

What is the best way to remove mopics. My client now wants to try additional images contrib.

the best advice I can give is to manually go through the code and back-out the changes. hopefully it was merged with all the comments. The other way is to use a compare tool (WinDiff or Beyond Compare) to compare the More Pics package files to fresh osCommerce code, then you'll know what to remove from your shop.

the database is easy if you have phpMyAdmin.

TABLE products

remove fields:

products_image

products_subimage1

products_subimage2

products_subimage3

products_subimage4

products_subimage5

The configuration additions won't hurt anything if they are not removed. But you can look through the install SQL script for what to remove.

hope that helps, I know it's not much. :(

the best advice I can give is to manually go through the code and back-out the changes. hopefully it was merged with all the comments. The other way is to use a compare tool (WinDiff or Beyond Compare) to compare the More Pics package files to fresh osCommerce code, then you'll know what to remove from your shop.

the database is easy if you have phpMyAdmin.

TABLE products

remove fields:

products_image

products_subimage1

products_subimage2

products_subimage3

products_subimage4

products_subimage5

The configuration additions won't hurt anything if they are not removed. But you can look through the install SQL script for what to remove.

hope that helps, I know it's not much. :(

Thanks Surfalot. I'll give it a try. Must back everything up first methinks.

Hello.

Great contribution.

I installed v2 of this contrib becuase it looks cool.

But auto thumbnail doesn't work - when I dont use thumbnails it does work. I made the images/imagecache folder and chmod 777.

Can you help?

Hello.

Great contribution.

I installed v2 of this contrib becuase it looks cool.

But auto thumbnail doesn't work - when I dont use thumbnails it does work. I made the images/imagecache folder and chmod 777.

Can you help?

Found the solution:

find the following in /catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php after installation of v2:

// $not_supported_formats = array ("GIF"); // Write in capital Letters!!

Change it to:

$not_supported_formats = array ("GIF"); // Write in capital Letters!!

You might wanna add jpg etc.

Well, I just installed the latest version of More_Pics. I didn't know there was a version without the pretty lightbox ;).

But anyway, I fixed the problem. This is how the swf file is included now (bold parts fixed the problem!!):

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0"

width="986" height="200" hspace="0" vspace="0">

<param name="movie" value="images/header.swf">

<param name="quality" value="high">

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<embed src="images/header.swf" wmode="transparent" width="986" height="200" hspace="0" vspace="0" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>

</object>

The first one (param) is for IE and the embed attribute works for Mozilla. Looks pretty good now in all browsers.

Thx for your help.

Sebastian

thanks!!!!! its really help for the flash problem!!! U saved me.. :blush:

Edited by pointbreak

hello

I just installed your contribution - it looks great (good job) but I have 1 problem

I have a big flash logo instead of standard oscommerce logo and when I click on the image it a large piece of the image is under this flash logo so:

Is it possible to change the position of the "popup" image ? Or can it be above the flash logo- not under it?

Tobey

I worked it out :) you have to add transparent value in header.php

echo '<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="920" height="254">';

echo '<param name="movie" value="'.$location.'">';

echo '<param name="quality" value="high">';

echo '<param name="wmode" value="transparent">';

echo '<embed src="'.$location.'" width="920" height="254" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="32" height="32" wmode="transparent"></embed>';

echo '</object>';

works great :D

what for a contrib must i install ?

sorry, don't know what contrib that would be. You might consider a more advanced image contribution like Additional Images.

sorry, don't know what contrib that would be. You might consider a more advanced image contribution like Additional Images.

Yes, Additional Images is a great contrib, i have install it in my testshop...

ok, i will see if i can use the code for more pics !!!

thank you