osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this contrib doesn't alter the admin attributes page. I'd say restore and try again.

Well I found that this contrib overwrites some of the files for the globals turned off patch, so if you install a fresh copy then, more 6 then the globals patch that fixes the product attributes page error, but I am getting

an error: unable to determine the page link

which looking at the link in the browser bar references cpath- looked that up in the database and cpath seems to do with seesions, so I pressume that the seessions are messed up.

Probally more 6 is not compatible with sertvers that have globals turned off??

anybody???

first i'd like to thank you for a fantastic addition .. it works perfectly.

what i am about to ask may have been covered before, or i might be missing something spectacularly simple.

the contrib works perfectly with the shop ... except the thumbnail in the 'whats new' boxes still gets resized by the default settings i have specified in admin|config|images.

how is this overcome ? or am i just being dim and can't see the obvious ?

except the thumbnail in the 'whats new' boxes still gets resized by the default settings i have specified in admin|config|images. how is this overcome ?

so you want to make the images in the what's new box show as unrestricted?

so you want to make the images in the what's new box show as unrestricted?

thanks for replying so quickly .... my brain is a wee bit slow so i'm not sure what the implications of 'unrestricted' are.

a lot of the thumbnail images I have to work with come in a variety of sizes ... the contrib displays these images without any distortion on the product page. there is no stretching to fit. but these same images are sometimes 'stretched' in one dimension when they are displayed within the whats new box. I am hoping there is a simple way to get these images to display with their original dimensions in this box.

many thanks for your time and input.

you can modify the what's new box and pull the image restriction code.

or you can install a "keep image proportions" contrib. There are a variety of them. this is one I have used...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1137

many many thanks for your help ........ :)

I'm not following you on that. the lastest version, I upload, doesn't show thumbnails on the popup page.

What 'someone' are you talking about and where did you get the extra code?

Surfalot - I haven't seen anyone using MorePics6 1.1 edition for it, but just wondering if it's possible without me having to go in and dig through.

I am sure that there is an easy way out of it and just snag the more_pics module from product_info page and input it inside the popups?

Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sure that's very doable. I personally like the way Amazon is doing it, with the pics along the bottom.

I've been looking at producing a better way to present pics and thumbs since all 3 of the most popular additional picture contribs are a bit lacking. But I don't have any code available at the moment.

I have the option "more pics" in my admin screen:

Under categories/products i chose one of our vehicles, then a product and in the screen on the right showsthe usual edit/delete/move/copy buttons up top.

but then i have:

cobalt_ss_muffler_001.jpg

IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

Price: $450.00

Quantity: 0

Average Rating: 0.00

and if i go into the item I only have 1 area to upload a picture, I do not have any boxes, extra upload buttons, edite section for the image.

when i upload it goes to the next screen and on top it shows me:

success.gif Success: File upload saved successfully.

warning.gif Warning: No file uploaded.

This seems to be my only issue right now.

Edited by nivo

SurfALot - Is it possible for you to modify the pop-up source and submit it for the contribution for the images to show up on the pop-up instead of the page? Let me know if you can do that, you the man.

Thank you.