• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

I've uploaded a rollup package containing all of the latest versions of the previous partial uploads. Hopefully this will relieve some of the confusion. The upload is huge, so it has to wait for a moderator to approve it. I expect it will be available in a few hours.

The More Pics addon is available here.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, im still new with oscommerce. Is there any live site using this mod that i can look at? Im looking for a mod, something like this b ut im not sure the mods name.

There are quite a few sites using More Pics. However, this addon has a huge number of options for setting up the way images are displayed, so sending you to one particular example may not be productive. We could give better advice if you tell us what you want it to look like.

Regards

Jim

There are quite a few sites using More Pics. However, this addon has a huge number of options for setting up the way images are displayed, so sending you to one particular example may not be productive. We could give better advice if you tell us what you want it to look like.

Regards

Jim

Basically what i want is for a product to have more then 1 preview, maybe like 3. When you click the preview, pictures will enlarge. Sorry, im still not too sure the whole mechanism, so i can only give the brief description.

Right now im using a free template pre loaded with some mods, among them is this picture viewing.

previewq.jpg

Im not too fond of this mod as i can only have 1 picture. Any suggestion?

Yes, More Pics will do that easily. If you will never have more than 7 images per product, the Classic version will work the way that you want.

Regards

Jim

Yes, More Pics will do that easily. If you will never have more than 7 images per product, the Classic version will work the way that you want.

Regards

Jim

I know i have to edit some files manually in order to install More Pics, but do i need to delete the old mod files (whatever that is). Any idea whats the mod im currently using is? I dont have a clue since its included with the template.

Adding anything to a template is tricky at best. It all depends on how the template is designed and how many changes it makes to the core osCommerce code. Do you know if the template is based on STS?

Regards

Jim

The description states that your template is using UltraPics for the images. UltraPics was built on More Pics Classic codebase with some additions. It should be able to do what you want without installing anything else. Check the support thread for UltraPics to get help with configuring it to use the additional images.

Regards

Jim

Ah, that one. The template was removed by a moderator for violating osCommerce rules. I suggest that you not use it.

Regards

Jim

Great contribution :)

I have one question...

Everything works fine for me... but, Before MorePics I had the whats_new.php box modified to show 10 items at same time in the right column. I used Beyond Compare to try to merge both old and new files into one to keep my modifications, but i'm not able to find how to modify the new whats_new.php file to show the 10 items again...

Any help would be appretiated...

Sergio

The number of products shown in the New Products box is controlled by Admin -> Configuration -> Maximum Values -> New Products Module. If this is not the setting you meant, you probably made modifications directly to the file. The file that you want is catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php. Check that you merged the More Pics version with your modified file correctly.

Regards

Jim

Hi, tnx for the answer,

Yes, is what I did to the new products infobox...

Let me show an image:

Whats New (whats_new.php), old file (I only have 4 products in my store):

whats_new-oldfile.jpg

Whats New (whats_new.php), new file:

whats_new-newfile.jpg

The first picture (reservoir dogs / scarface) was added using the MorePics module...

What Im trying to do is to show more than 1 product at same time with the new whats_new file.....

Thanks for your help,

Sergio

The number of products shown in the New Products box is controlled by Admin -> Configuration -> Maximum Values -> New Products Module. If this is not the setting you meant, you probably made modifications directly to the file. The file that you want is catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php. Check that you merged the More Pics version with your modified file correctly.

Regards

Jim

Sorry, I was in the on-page module instead. You want Admin -> Configuration -> Maximum Values -> Selection of Random New Products and the catalog/includes/boxes/whats_new.php file.

Regards

Jim

I have installed More pics 6 v1.4.3 using Autoinstaller 2.7 and every thing went fine.

The problem I am having is when I try and upload a picture I get the following problem

It creates the correct directories under images/products but does not load the pictures up

Success: File upload saved successfully.

Warning: No file uploaded.

Can anyone please help

It sounds like the autoinstaller mucked up the Admin install. Check your files against the distribution using a file comparison program and fix the error.

Regards

Jim

Hiya, I tried to add one of the thumbnail contribution but only got so far. The pictures in the boxes when loading page got resized automatically perfect and fitted into the box as I was looking for. But when I then hovered over the small thumbnails to show the different pictures the messed up again. So seems it only worked when loading the initial page other than that it messed up. So I take it there is no way possible to have the pictures thumbnail into the correct sizes in the boxes without having to resize every single picture, everytime??

This may be possible, but it will take a bit of work. There is very little documentation for the functions that I need to use, so I'll have to experiment. Don't expect this any time really soon.

Regards

Jim

A thumbnail feature would be great. I tried the On The Fly Automatic Thumbnailer using GD Library and it was easy to install until editing categories.php. :o . Then again I'm still running the classic version of More Pics. Would be nice to merge to the 2 contributions. :blush: Look forward to one with this release though. B)

Hi all,

added this contribution as the ultra pics was interfering with attrbutes manager in admin section.

The extra images do not display on the product page, however when clicking on products image zoom, the products images are available to flick through.

Can anyone advise me on how to get the images to show on the product page as well as using the java back and forth.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

It sounds like the autoinstaller mucked up the Admin install. Check your files against the distribution using a file comparison program and fix the error.

Regards

Jim

Hi I ended up doing exactly that, put it down to heavily modified site, it works okay except i dont have the 6 images on the page, but they are available to browse through on zoom.

hoping someone can help with that, maybe i need to install something else or have missed some code for the product_info page but couldnt find it, and its late now.

Any help would be apprciated.

thanks

Johnny

I have just installed more_pics_advanced_2.0.6 and I am having the following problem

Admin side seems to work fine with no page errors anywhere.

Have now tried to run the install for updating the pictures using big_images_install.php as I have another picture add on (Additional Images v2.1.0.

I receive the following error

1146 - Table 'db247098617.TABLE_PRODUCTS_IMAGES' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO TABLE_PRODUCTS_IMAGES SET image_filename = 'No Image available.gif', products_id = '1', category_page = '1', last_modified = now()

This also happens when I go onto my site on the products.info page.

The table is in the database and everything seems to be there also the define table in the database_tables.php files in both catalog and admin reference correctly.

Can any one please advise

Hi all,

added this contribution as the ultra pics was interfering with attrbutes manager in admin section.

The extra images do not display on the product page, however when clicking on products image zoom, the products images are available to flick through.

Can anyone advise me on how to get the images to show on the product page as well as using the java back and forth.

Thanks

Johnny

Hi ressolved this, the problem was the code for the the more pics module was sanwhiched between two half of the wishlistlist if statement, put the wishlist statement together and hey presto its working.

This was found though using a page compare tool, between the file I created and the module file.

Thanks

Johnny

'TABLE_PRODUCTS_IMAGES' doesn't exist

<snipped>

Any time you see this, the define is missing or corrupted. Check your database_tables.php again.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim, Thank you very much for your help...

But (hehee), I already set the value for 'Selection of Random New Products' to 10...

My problem was that after I uploade the MorePix files to my server, I had to overwrite the includes/boxes/whats_new.php file, so I lost my modifications to that file.. What I would like to modify is make the whats_new.php file to show the 10 products at same time.

I have a little developer background, so the difference between the old file and the new file is a while loop to enclosing the 'if' conditions to show the products name, prices and images, but at this point im a little confused following the new variables and trying to find their similars in the new code...

Thanks,

Sorry, I was in the on-page module instead. You want Admin -> Configuration -> Maximum Values -> Selection of Random New Products and the catalog/includes/boxes/whats_new.php file.

Regards

Jim

You need to merge the modifications to this file. I would start with the file as you had it previously modified, then add the More Pics mods. More Pics only changes the source of the image name in the database, so this should be fairly simple.

Regards

Jim