• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

Hello, I have installed this contribution and come across a strange error:

I have uploaded a new product. Everything went clear and good, till I

clicked on the update. I could upload the pictures, and if I leave the

measurement around 800x600 it works, and the arrows are working.

So back to the problem. I found out if I click everywhere in the admin

program while it updating the product with the new info, it makes it and

works fine. But if I wait till the program response, it writes me a fatal

error... like this:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 5 seconds exceeded in

/home/www/jcthungary/AC/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 47

what should be that?

line 47:

if (defined('STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS') && (STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS == 'true')) {
   $result_error = mysql_error();
   error_log('RESULT ' . $result . ' ' . $result_error . "\n", 3, STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME_LOG);
}

return $result;

Edited by phillipharrison

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have installed this on a clean shop and have he same problem...will post a fix soon.

lildog

I think that in previus versions all images couldent be delete or removed, but in the newest version only aditional picutre 1 cant be deleted... It delete main picure instead...

I have uploaded a new version that fixes the problem of not being able to delete subimage 1

lildog

I still get Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 5 seconds exceeded in /admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 40

is every time i edit a product and click Update.

any ideas?

phillip,

are you using the update guides or the pre-edited file?

lildog

Was a fresh install this afternoon. I just uploaded the new category.php in the admin folder for this latest update (so pre-edited file used).

[edit]

But strangely, i tested the addon on another customer website and had 0 issues. Its only this one customers site its giving the error.

Edited by phillipharrison

Frogger AND hardy24 did the latest release fix your delete problem?

lildog

lildog, the release I initially installed was v1.3k, which set of upgrade instructions (i.e. upgrade to 1.4, 1.4.1 or 1.4.2) do I need to follow in order to fix the problem?

lildog, the release I initially installed was v1.3k, which set of upgrade instructions (i.e. upgrade to 1.4, 1.4.1 or 1.4.2) do I need to follow in order to fix the problem?

Follow all of the upgrade instructions starting with v1.3k to v1.4

In one of the txt files there was a typo...

***FIND:

<!-- EOF More Pics -->

should be

***FIND:

<!-- BOF More Pics -->

and I had to change the file extension of 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 to .txt to open the file. Just have a look out for that.

Edited by Hotclutch

Follow them in order...

lildog

I need something like More Pics, but I need more than 6 images. Does anyone know of another Contribution that might work, or do I need to rewrite this one?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I haven't found anything better, so this one is getting modified. Unlimited number of pictures, and a new CSS image-substitution display. I'll update the contribution as soon as I get it all working.

Regards

Jim

Hey lildog,

thanks a lot for your great support for the more-pics-contribution. i have a fairly new version of osc installed and was happy to find the more-pics-contrib. after installing the latest 'full package' and applying all the latest changes i have a problem. but i am not sure if this a problem of my osc version!?

when editing a product i do not have a preview button at the end but only a save button. thus no subimages are uploaded. when i change the code of the categories.php to link to the preview everything works fine with der more-pics. unfortunately then another contrib for "multiple categories" does not work now :-/

how can i include the upload of the subimages into the 'update_product'-process? (without the preview)

does anyone else have this problem. i search for hours in google and the forums but without success.

great thx in advance!

best wishes from germany,

tobi

Edited by tdoubleu

• 2 weeks later...

The new version is now up at the usual location. Changes are:

+ No limit on images per product. The only limit is now the capacity of your server.

+ A new database table stores all product image names and related data.

+ The More Pics display is now in a module, so it can be easily inserted anywhere on the Product Info page.

+ New image substitution box using CSS. This shows one large image and thumbnails of the other images. A mouseover/mouse click substitutes the thumbnailed image for the large image.

+ Images can now be flagged to display on the category product list, the product info page, or the popup page. This gives the capability of traditional 3 image contributions: e.g. different size images (or different images) on the three pages. A single image can still be used for all three (or any subset) if desired.

+ The additional images can now be shown in three different box styles: Stock osCommerce (like the rest of your store), a simple outline, or no box.

+ Many more options and tweaks.

Screenshots are included in the package.

I've been interrupted so many times on this project (Buying a new server, whee) that I've lost track of parts of it. I've tested as much as I can, and it seems to work, but I must have missed something somewhere. There are so manuy possible combinations now that I'm certain I haven't checked them all. So if you find any bugs, post 'em here.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

I haven't found anything better, so this one is getting modified. Unlimited number of pictures, and a new CSS image-substitution display. I'll update the contribution as soon as I get it all working.

Regards

Jim

Wish I saw your post earlier, there are a couple already with unlimited that are real nice. Namely UltraPics and my Additional Images contrib.

Yeah, I ran into the same block when I was working on this contrib. I decided the Additional Images was a better way to go since it already supported unlimited pics. I dropped supporting one and advanced the Additional Images to include thumbnailing and my smart configurable display engine that I started in More Pics 1.3. I guess I made the decision that the 6 image limit would require too many changes to be effectively upgraded.

Did you provide a script to assist anyone upgrading from the old pics "6" version or do folks need to simply dump their previous images and start over to move forward?

It WAS a nice simpler alternative to the other more heavy-hitting additional images contribs. ;)

Edited by surfalot

I wish somebody had mentioned that there was already an unlimited version when I asked earlier. Oh well, what's done is done. The old More Pics is still available, and my modification still gives the same output if selected.

Yes, there's an upgrade script to move all the images over to the new table.

Regards

Jim

Looking at installing more pics 6 to my store.. I have a question, sorry if this is an obvious question..

I looked at the screeshots and it appears the 'control panel' for adding/deleting/etc the images is seperate from the product modification page in the admin interface. Having the images in a different place then the original product info page is a nightmare for us since we have 2000+ products. For example, we used to use the original product attributes/options and that worked on a seperate config page, it soon turned almost unusable since there were so many options to navigate.

Can I access the administration section (add/remove/change images for the products) of this contribution from the original product editor? I looked at admin/categories.php file in the contrib to try and figure this out, but there didn't seem to be many changes.

Thanks!

Regards,

-Moses

More_pics_6 v2.0 For osC 2.2RC2a

Hi,

I spent about 3 hours trying to get your addon to work and i have a basic install of os commerce.

I even copied every file up and wrote over my files - just to be sure (yes I had a back up :)

We made the DB changes (Yes we had a back up :)

But a few issues:

1. All the headings for titles now appear on the site - such as :

BOX_HEADING_SHOPPING_CART

BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES

and many more like that...

2. In the admin area of pics - I tell it to place a few images on product info and only 1 appears - no popup no mouse over...

The admin configuration settings for More Pics is the default installed settings - never touched - the feature is "enabled".

Can you please provide baby steps on how to resolve these issues...

I have a clean brand new install of oscommerce.

Thanks - let me know your thoughts.

David

Your first problem is an error in the contribution. Take your backup copy of catalog/includes/labguages/english.php, make a copy of it, and add this to the file just before the final ?>

// BOF: More Pics
define ('CLOSE_POPUP', 'Close the Window');
define ('MORE_PIC', 'Screenshots');
// EOF: More Pics

Use that in place of the file in the distribution. I'll fix the distribution as well. Thanks for pointing out my error.

Where on the page is the image you are seeing? Is it full size? Aret here any thumbnails showing? Do you have more than 2 images loaded for that product?

Regards

Jim

And another bug. Sheesh, I must have been asleep when I checked this. One line was omitted from the SQL. Add this to your database:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES(NULL, 'Show Original Image on Product Info page', 'MORE_PICS_SHOW_ORIG_ON_PRODUCT_INFO', 'true', 'Show the stock image on the Product Info page (Right side under the price).', 6124, 2, '2008-12-05 20:52:59', '2008-12-05 20:52:59', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

That will fix the image problem on the Product Info page. If you find any more, post 'em here.

Regards

Jim