• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

site not sending emails

The website for a client of mine (kingsammo.com) has all of a sudden stopped sending emails when it should. For instance: when someone creates an account or places an order or when I try to send out a newsletter. I tried changing the setting under Email Options from "sendmail" to "SMTP", but that didn't do anything, so I changed it back. Sending and receiving emails directly from email address such as [email protected] works, unless the email is sent from the website. It's just emails from the website that are not being sent. Does anyone have any idea what could cause the site to suddenly stop sending emails? Any help would be appreciated.

I asked the server tech support if they have had any problems with the mail server, and they said no.

The website for a client of mine (kingsammo.com) has all of a sudden stopped sending emails when it should. For instance: when someone creates an account or places an order or when I try to send out a newsletter. I tried changing the setting under Email Options from "sendmail" to "SMTP", but that didn't do anything, so I changed it back. Sending and receiving emails directly from email address such as [email protected] works, unless the email is sent from the website. It's just emails from the website that are not being sent. Does anyone have any idea what could cause the site to suddenly stop sending emails? Any help would be appreciated.

I asked the server tech support if they have had any problems with the mail server, and they said no.

Things to check:

1. Make sure that you have your e-mail option set to sendmail if using a *nix host. If using Windows host set to SMTP.

2. Make sure the php.ini file has the correct path to sendmail (you may have to check with your host).

3. Make sure your host allows you to send e-mail from php scripts (yes, there are a few out there that don't allow it).

4. Check your spam folder (very common for osCommerce e-mails to end up there).

The problem I have which I cannot solve is I have email working to send me orders and extra info of those orders. However, I can't get notify customer to work nor does OsCommerce mail me after I create a test order. Finally, when I use the email customer tool the email does does not reach the recipient.

I have checked all my Email Option settings in Configuration. Everything is set to true. My server settings are right. Everything set to SMTP for Windows Box. Is there any setting or something I need to test to resolve this issue?

My Email Options Settings:

E-Mail Transport Method: smtp

E-Mail Linefeeds: CRLF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails: false

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS: false

Send E-Mails: true

the same exact thing just happened to me, 2 site 2 different host/server same problem. All this started since that spam virus got released the other day. Sometime I get the emails sometimes I dont

I am checking the SMTP code in the email.php. What doesn't make any sense is that I am receiving emails for orders but can't email using email customer nor does notify customer seem to send the mail. The message says it was sent successfully meaning that it is getting as far as the mail server? If it wasn't wouldn't I get an error? So its isolated to these 2 methods not global.

Ok I did some tests and apparently some ISP's are blocking emails sent from my site. For, example SBC Yahoo. I use myself as a test customer to email myself things and it doesn't recieve not even in my junkmail in outlook.

I used a hotmail or friend for a test and he received everything.

I am checking the SMTP code in the email.php. What doesn't make any sense is that I am receiving emails for orders but can't email using email customer nor does notify customer seem to send the mail. The message says it was sent successfully meaning that it is getting as far as the mail server? If it wasn't wouldn't I get an error? So its isolated to these 2 methods not global.

email.php where you find that? how can I setup smtp information

Well the configuration in OsCommerce admin is in Configuration/Email Options. Keep in mind if you have it set to SMTP set the other settings to what I have above.

I found my problem was not with the email.php file but rather with some ISP's blocking the mails. Best thing to do is setup a test customer for yourself with a hotmail or yahoo free mail account. Then create a test order. Check that mail. Delete order and customer after you resolve your results.

Email.php is in includes/classes

SMTP is for Windows and Mac Servers. When you setup OsCommerce all the paths to the smtp would have been setup in your configuration.php file or config.php. So if you are having trouble with SMTP then it can be isolated to the configuration file or host server. You shouldn't need to touch email.php at all after i looked at it.

Archived