• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help getting started

I'm new to osCommerce and not ecommerce sauve. Can someone help me out and give me a hint of how and where to start to build a website allowing me to enable ecommerce transactions via my website? I can populate my database one item at a time if necessary (a mass import would be great) but that's another topic for a follow up discussion.

I simply need help getting started.

Help!?

Thanks,

Jeff

Read the posts: General Discussions, Installation, Contributions. Look at other people's sites. If you see something you might want to do, bookmark it. Use the search feature if you get stuck - read, read, read. There are contributions to do just about anything you want.

The biggest piece of advice is to backup before making changes!

I am totally a newbie to osCommerce - I don't even know how to find the folder to upload to my server. I did the download and when I extracted it there was only one file??? I don't know what to do. I uploaded that file to my server, set up a database. Anyone that can help with incredibly small baby steps.......is there another web site with images or video to show you how to install and configure. I have a new web site client that wants me to fix their site and they are using osCommerce, I need to learn how to do this..........any help will be greatly appreciated.

Is the singel file you have a zip file? If so, unzip it and FTP the whole, unzipped thing to your site. If it is an active web site, leave the osCommerce stuff in the Catalog folder. In the zip file is a readme file. That will help you. Follow the direction, it is really more intimidating than actually difficult.

Archived