• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove Postage for Digital Downloads

clp698

I have set up a site to sell audio studies. With the product attributes, I have set up for MP3 Downloads, CD Shipped, and Cassette Shipped. Is there a way to only add shipping to shipped items and eliminating shipping charges for the download items. Or do I need to have seperate products for downloads with a weight of zero?

You need first of all to enable downloads in your osC admin panel. Once you do that your 'virtual' products (downloads) must have a weight of zero, and your 'physical' products (posted out to people) must have a weight attached to them.

Virtual downloads will skip the Shipping page during checkout, whilst Physical products won't skip the Shipping page.

Vger

You need first of all to enable downloads in your osC admin panel. Once you do that your 'virtual' products (downloads) must have a weight of zero, and your 'physical' products (posted out to people) must have a weight attached to them.

Virtual downloads will skip the Shipping page during checkout, whilst Physical products won't skip the Shipping page.

Vger

Thanks for your response. The part that I do not understand is that the product(s) come with three attributes. How can I designate that the MP3 download (attribute) does not have a weight. I have set up for downloads in the configuration section. When I run a test order through and choose the MP3 download (and not the shipped CD or the shipped Casstte), I am still charged for shipping because the product (not the attribute) has a weight of 1.0 pounds. If I could designate that the MP3 download have a weight of 0 pounds and the other attributes have a weight of 1.0 pounds, then I know it would work. Yet, maybe I am not understanding how this all works.

Archived