The e-commerce.

2. step of installation does not continue

wolf01

1. english

2. german

-[1. english]-------------------------------------------

Hello

i am working with version: oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

I uploaded the files to my provider, and set up the rights for files and dirs.

During installation, it doesnt continue to the second step, after pressing the "Continue"-Button.

Instead I alway get the same first screen from the installation process with:

Import Catalog Database:

Automatic Configuration:

When clicking the "Continue"-Button, the page loads, URL changes to:

[..]/install/install.php?step=2

but the same screen as bevor shows up again.

Any solution?

Greetz,

Wolf

-[2. german]-------------------------------------------

Hallo,

ich habe folgende Version im Einsatz: oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

Die Dateien habe ich auf den Server meines Providers geladen und die entsprechenden Rechte gesetzt.

W?hrend der Installation komme ich jedoch nicht zum 2. Installationsschritt, nachdem ich den "Continue"-Button gedr?ckt habe. Stattdessen bekomme immer wieder die gleiche Eingabemaske mit:

Import Catalog Database:

Automatic Configuration:

angezeigt.

Beim Klick auf den Continue Button l?d die Seite zwar neu, die URL ?ndert sich auf:

[..]/install/install.php?step=2

aber es erscheint wieder der gleiche Inhalt im Browserfenster.

Weiss jemand eine L?sung?

Gr?sse,

Wolf

Yes there is an empty database available.

But I don?t get to the point of the installation, where I can enter the database information.

The installation stops here:

16-install-02.gif

And when pressing "Continue" only this page shows up again.

Wolf

When this happens it is usually because:

1. PHP 5 is being used

2. The folders do not have permissions set to 755 or 777 (including the install folder)

3. The two configure.php files do not have permissions of 777 (full permissions) set for the install to be able to write data to them

4. The server is a Windows server which cannot find the install/oscommerce.sql file

You can bypass the install by editing the two configure.php files manually yourself, and by importing the default database (install/oscommerce.sql) into the blank database using phpMyAdmin.

Vger

When this happens it is usually because:

1. PHP 5 is being used

2. The folders do not have permissions set to 755 or 777 (including the install folder)

3. The two configure.php files do not have permissions of 777 (full permissions) set for the install to be able to write data to them

4. The server is a Windows server which cannot find the install/oscommerce.sql file

You can bypass the install by editing the two configure.php files manually yourself, and by importing the default database (install/oscommerce.sql) into the blank database using phpMyAdmin.

Vger

The installation problem is solved.

Trying to edit the configure.php files manually, is kinda tricky, because the variables are not well commentet, so I didn?t realy know what to fill in and ended up in a mess. After all, now that I have a working osC, i read the configure.php files again and now know what each variable has to be filled with.

With 2.-4. (see above) everything was ok.

My Provider is running PHP 5.0.5. But why is that a problem for osC?

Finaly I figured out, that the following additional statements in ".htacces" in the root folder of the osC installation worked fine for me:

php_value register_globals 1
php_value register_long_arrays 1

(This hint was found here: http://forums.oscommerce.de/index.php?showtopic=34808#)

The first statement didn?t change anything. Although I read that global variables, which are enabled by this, are a security risc, and because of that no longer used by new php versions, but sill supported. Unfortunately osC seems using global variables.

The second statement enables the old style long variables (like $HTTP_GET_VARS['step']) which are no longer used, but still supported, by new php versions and which are used by osC.

Two things, which make osC kinda out of date in security issues. Perhaps changed in upcoming versions of osC.

Thanks for your help so far folks!

Wolf

You can install the Register Globals Patch Files on a newly installed website and this will remove the need to turn on Register Globals. The link is below my name.

php5 is very different from php 4, and php 5 had not even been thought of at the time that osCommerce was released.

Vger

Archived