• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL anoying message

Hi All

how do i stop this annoying message taht comes up everytime my store switches to a page that uses SSL?

message says:

"This page contains both secure and non secure items... do you wanty to display nonsecure items?"

Any Ideas how i stop that coming up?

cheers?

B

Hi All

how do i stop this annoying message taht comes up everytime my store switches to a page that uses SSL?

message says:

"This page contains both secure and non secure items... do you wanty to display nonsecure items?"

Any Ideas how i stop that coming up?

cheers?

B

It may or may not be possible. Some of those warnings are inherent to the browser. There is one case where you can make a difference.

Did you make any changes to application_top.php to get ssl working with a solid padlock?

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

It may or may not be possible. Some of those warnings are inherent to the browser. There is one case where you can make a difference.

Did you make any changes to application_top.php to get ssl working with a solid padlock?

hi and thanks...

i have not altered that file for the SSL padlock BUT i have altered it for the simple template system contribution.

:blink:

hi and thanks...

i have not altered that file for the SSL padlock BUT i have altered it for the simple template system contribution.

:blink:

Then you're going to have those messages. People are used to them and they'll often disable the browser warnings. They happen on any site with secure and non secure areas, it's a browser feature.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Then you're going to have those messages. People are used to them and they'll often disable the browser warnings. They happen on any site with secure and non secure areas, it's a browser feature.

oh bugga.... oh well thanks for your help, least i now know its kinda normal! :)

Archived