• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing index.php results in errors

gale

Hello all,

I have tried several times to change the index.php file with the tools/file manager. I tried to change one word and save it and when I clicked on the online catalog link again to look at the small change, it gave me the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/genekell/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

What is the problem here? Fortunately I was able to make a backup of the file before I changed the one word.

Gale

Hello all,

I have tried several times to change the index.php file with the tools/file manager. I tried to change one word and save it and when I clicked on the online catalog link again to look at the small change, it gave me the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/genekell/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

What is the problem here? Fortunately I was able to make a backup of the file before I changed the one word.

Gale

Hello, I have made the same error last evening but I didn't make a backup so I have two problems : I have the same message of error and no french backup...so if you get an answer today please let me know.

I presume you are using the file manager that comes with oscommerce ? It doesn't work properly.

You should use notepad or similar text editor.

Martine :-

One common problem is called "whitespace". If you download your file to notepad, go to the very end and use shift and right arrow to see if there is a blank space at the end of your file. Delete this and see if it works.

Archived