• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Nonprofit question

Megipod

I am recommending OS Commerce as a solution for a non-profit organization. Physical products (publications and records) will be sold as well as downloadable ones. Can the store also be configured to accept online donations? If so, can the users input their donation dollar amounts, or do they have to choose from a list of options?

Thanks for your help.

I am recommending OS Commerce as a solution for a non-profit organization. Physical products (publications and records) will be sold as well as downloadable ones. Can the store also be configured to accept online donations? If so, can the users input their donation dollar amounts, or do they have to choose from a list of options?

Thanks for your help.

I don't know about osCommerce, but you can use paypal's method. Just sign up with paypal and they can donate. Just a thought. I'm a bit of a newbie with oscommerce so I couldn't help you in that particular field. Sorry.

I didn't know they could make donations through Paypal. That's helpful. Thank-you.

yeah, you could actually add the paypal donate button right on the index.php page, then all the would have to do when they visit the site is click right on the donate button right there on the main page

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

• 1 month later...
yeah, you could actually add the paypal donate button right on the index.php page, then all the would have to do when they visit the site is click right on the donate button right there on the main page

Hi.

I want to put the Paypal donate button on the index.php page of our oscommerce shop, but am not sure where to put it. Can you show me?

I'd also like to put the donate button on the checkout form just before people finalise their purchases. Is this possible, and, if so, where would I need to put the code?

Thanks for your help,

RLW

:)

Archived