• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! I think my service provider took off with my money!

QueenKat

I went to make changes to my store this morning and I can not access the admin panel. So, I went to go to the actual store, and I can't see it either.. It tell me page not found.

Then, I go to check my email, and I can't retreive ANY of my emails that are connected to the site!!

THEN, I tried to Email the tech support guy and the email was returned as a: 450 [TEMPFAIL] destination not valid within DNS

WARNING! Attached message is truncated.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????

My Q is, how can I get my store back? I found a better hosting deal somewhere else and I want to switch but with this stuff happening, can it be done?? (without having to build the store all over again?)

Please help!!!

First off... Dont Panic :)

Secondly It looks like all of your providers systems are down.

I suggest that you give them a call if they have a phone number and if not then you need to wait a couple of days. If the system doesnt come back then you need to contact your credit card provider and get them to initiate a chargeback. Dont do this unless you are sure your host has run off though.

Thirdly... In my experience dont trust any company that tries to cash in on the oscommerce name unless they are an official oscommerce site :) which I can tell you the company you are using doesnt seem to be.

First off... Dont Panic :)

Secondly It looks like all of your providers systems are down.

I suggest that you give them a call if they have a phone number and if not then you need to wait a couple of days. If the system doesnt come back then you need to contact your credit card provider and get them to initiate a chargeback. Dont do this unless you are sure your host has run off though.

Thirdly... In my experience dont trust any company that tries to cash in on the oscommerce name unless they are an official oscommerce site :) which I can tell you the company you are using doesnt seem to be.

Oh great! What a time to be down!! Christmas Shopping!!! :(

How do I know if they are a real oscommerce official site? thanks

How do I know if they are a real oscommerce official site? thanks

Take a look at the top right of the screen. The links under network are the only official oscommerce sites.

Anything else is likely to be a 14yr in his garage playing at being a CEO of a webhosting company :)

Anything else is likely to be a 14yr in his garage playing at being a CEO of a webhosting company :)

That is a little bit below the waist I think. I am new to OSC and it's 'network' but a lot of normal hosts are good reliable companies who are definitely not "big time" but not a fly by night garage outfit either. Does make me think about that >$400/share Google was in a garage once! So good luck to all you who are in a garage.

That is a little bit below the waist I think. I am new to OSC and it's 'network' but a lot of normal hosts are good reliable companies who are definitely not "big time" but not a fly by night garage outfit either. Does make me think about that >$400/share Google was in a garage once! So good luck to all you who are in a garage.

I think Brian was pointing out that you should think twice about how reputable somebody who misuses/misrepresents the osCommerce trademark name is - he has a great sense of humour :P

Matti

That is a little bit below the waist I think. I am new to OSC and it's 'network' but a lot of normal hosts are good reliable companies who are definitely not "big time" but not a fly by night garage outfit either.

I didnt say all hosts... I said ones that try to make a quick buck off the back of someone else's hard work by using the oscommerce name :)

Does make me think about that >$400/share Google was in a garage once! So good luck to all you who are in a garage.

Google made it on their own not by riding the back of someone else's sucess. There is a big difference :thumbsup:

Archived