• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deleted languages from admin

rabbitseffort

I have tried to figure this one out on my own, but to no avail, I want to have the language options back in admin so I can turn them on and include the box again, I currently have the box commented out, but since quite a few visiors to my site are german I would like to have the option for them. I hastliy deleted the options other than english at the early stages of my install. I still have the files on my server directory, so they aren't completely deleted....

Thanks for any help! :thumbsup:

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

I have tried to figure this one out on my own, but to no avail, I want to have the language options back in admin so I can turn them on and include the box again, I currently have the box commented out, but since quite a few visiors to my site are german I would like to have the option for them. I hastliy deleted the options other than english at the early stages of my install. I still have the files on my server directory, so they aren't completely deleted....

Thanks for any help! :thumbsup:

In the ADMIN under localizations/languages you can add a new language. I'd reffer to the osC documentation to varify the lanuage code. (de for german?)

In the ADMIN under localizations/languages you can add a new language. I'd reffer to the osC documentation to varify the lanuage code. (de for german?)

No, that's what I'm saying..I removed the others from admin, all except for english, now I want them back in admin so I can turn them on. :-"

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

No, that's what I'm saying..I removed the others from admin, all except for english, now I want them back in admin so I can turn them on. :-"

You got me. I assume you deleted them in the admin. If you deleted the langauge folders, you'd have to add them back. Then go to the admin in langauges, add new langauge....

Name: German

Code: de

Image: icon.gif

Directory: german

Sort Order: 2

Then go to the lanuage folders and make all the necessary changes in german. Then make all the chages to your product feilds in german. Thats the only way I know you can do it.

Good Luck

You got me. I assume you deleted them in the admin. If you deleted the langauge folders, you'd have to add them back. Then go to the admin in langauges, add new langauge....

Name: German

Code: de

Image: icon.gif

Directory: german

Sort Order: 2

Then go to the lanuage folders and make all the necessary changes in german. Then make all the chages to your product feilds in german. Thats the only way I know you can do it.

Good Luck

thanks, I figured it out, I just had to add the languages I wanted thru the admin and reput the properties for each one, I can now add french and the other languages this way as well once I modify the repsective pages.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

Archived